iPhone XS MAX and Wireless Charging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with an iPhone XS Max and wireless charging--does it work? Does the iPhone XS Max fit in the charging pad enough to charge? Even with a cover?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Iphone XS does not charge in my 16 Denali.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would need the second gen module for a 16 to charge a X or Xs. XS max should be too wide, I think I saw where the cover from an Esky or Sierra would be wide enough for the max. But it’s not going to be cheap.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe with wireless charging and my XS max does not charge.
It’s because of 2 issues.
1 you need the second gen wireless charging module
2 the max is too wide, you either need to swap out your console lid with one that holds **** iPhones. Ie Esky or Sierra May work.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wireless charging works perfectly fine in my '18 Denali with my iPhone XS Max. Aaaaand I have a Spigen Tough Armor case on it too, so it's even a lil bigger than a "naked" phone.

Does it fully fit in the Charging Spot like the regular X? Absolutely not.

You can "center" it over the Charging Pad so it kind of "hovers", or put it on the Charging Pad crooked / at an angle.

Either way works & it Charges just fine!!

LollerAgent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2017 Tahoe, and the charging pad isn't charging an iPhone 8 Plus (may be too big) or iPhone XS/XR. Do I need an upgraded module or something?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018 module swap and wire harness that comes as a complete plug and play kit and solves your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish