io3 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falconK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@falconK, I configured and ordered the kit from Crutchfield. It included:
- Metra 99-3015G Dash Kit
- PAC RP5-GM51 Wiring Interface
- Antenna Adapter
- Jensen CAR110X

I did take the wiring harnesses from Jensen and PAC to the bench to solder/shrink wrap together before installing in the car. Glad I did so as it made it much easier than trying to connect the wiring while in the car.
Thank you so much. I went ahead and contacted Crutchfield, and they emailed me the same list as yours, however, when I put in my order they said they were out of the PAC RP5-GM51, so I had to cancel the order and ordered only the PAC interface from Amazon. I did not order the antenna adaptor because the interface from Amazon included one (although the one from Crutchfield had a wire attached to it but the Amazon didn't, so I hope that will work).
I also didn't get the Metra dash kit since my head unit has a 10.1 floating screen that covers most of my trim vessel, so I just went ahead and cut a 1-din hole in the trim to fit the body of my head unit through it and then the floating screen covers it all up, so that turned out great without the expense of the Metra dash kit.
Amazon says that the unit is arriving tomorrow, I'll post an update when I get the whole thing installed and hopefully working :=|
Thank you.

jabre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't expect the aftermarket interface to "see" the "resistor network" of the steering wheel buttons. I'm going down that rabbit hole at the moment with an Alpine head unit and idatalink Maestro interface on my '15 PPV.
@2015TahoePPV, I haven't started working on it yet. The Texas summer heat has hit and I do not want to sweat through troubleshooting.

Perhaps someone on the forum understands aftermarket steering wheel control interfaces. I do not know anything about it. My expectation is that the head unit/interface is a current source with an ADC that measures the voltage developed based on the resistance of the button press. If it is only an ADC without the current source I can add that pretty easily. But, unless someone knows and can share an answer, it'll be September before I'm willing to sweat out getting it to work:) I'm actually pretty happy with the controls on the head unit itself.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I'd love to know myself. I'm going on the assumption at the moment that the resistor network triggers a digital signal from the LIN data bus that tells the radio control interface what to do. I'm also assuming that the cluster's with the knob on the front of them don't include the circuitry for the LIN data bus. There may very well be an analog decoder of some sort that will read the resistances, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons