Introductory Post: my 2011 SSV (build thread + pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!
If I had a dog or two (life and work travel make that an impossibility right now), I wouldn't have gone to this depth of cleaning for sure. :)

Yeah.... Trust me, it would be a losing battle.....

Subwoofer.jpg

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100%? Naw. But it’s barely noticeable now. Once I pull all the seats again and pull up the front rubber floor (I was only able to peel it back in sections and am not happy with how well it turned out), run a couple cans of vent/AC cleaner through the HVAC, and then do the cabin filter retrofit (which I have, just haven’t installed), it should be like 98% or better.
Definitely do the cabin filter retrofit... 100% difference....

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this because my PPV is also an ex K9 truck... I also replaced the vinyl and padding with new carpet... if you got I'm truck now you would never know it was a K9 truck... no more dog smell...

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 240773

While I waited for a replacement bottom bumper trim to arrive (which just did the other day, still need to install), I poked around Amazon and found this front air deflector for (no joke) $25 because it was "significantly scratched and damaged" and had packaging damage.

I get it and the scratches? It's scratched up plastic protection film they put on the air deflector. Peeled it off and it was good as new. Thanks, Amazon!
Hey Rich....what size tires did you put on that beautiful machine? Thanks for all the pics, I am really enjoying this thread.

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Rich....what size tires did you put on that beautiful machine? Thanks for all the pics, I am really enjoying this thread.

Appreciate the words. Won’t be many pics/updates for a week or two; I’m on the road for work as of Sunday and my only time to work on it is weekends.

The tires are Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 265/70/17.

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Richard, your project looks and sounds great !!! I too just bought one, it’s a 2015 suburban 4WD, SSV from the RCMP in Alberta. It has 233000 km on it and I bought it from a dealer here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The total came out to about $30,000.00 Cdn, which I think was a bit high, but after looking at the truck, ITS TOTALLY IMACULATE INSIDE AND OUT !!!
It came with this HUGE ASS TOTAL ASSAULT WINCH BUMPER / BRUSH GUARD on the front, that held a 12000 pound winch. The dealer took it off and installed a new front panel, but gave me the bumper anyway. That stupid thing is SOOO heavy that my grown son and I could hardly lift it out of the truck. Solid steel. I had some weird tranny issues with it at first and had to get it rebuilt under warranty. But all in all, I’m very happy with it. I did a lot of mods to it and now I’m ready to play. Only thing I had to get was a rear cargo area matt for the floor, it had just the insulation down. A trip to Princess Auto got me a solid rubber 3/4 inch thick 4 x 8 foot Matt that I cut to size and it fits PERFECTLY !!! Love that truck.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To 100% eliminate the odors from the whole vehicle get yourself a small/medium size ozone machine from amazon and run it for 20-30 minutes inside with the HVAC system set on high & recirculate....it will kill all the odor and bacteria etc completely!

Mammoth 7,000mg Ozone Generator, Ozone Air Purifier for Odors in Home, Car, and Large Rooms https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071721YG5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zGTtEb6SDC3EG

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Richard, your project looks and sounds great !!! I too just bought one, it’s a 2015 suburban 4WD, SSV from the RCMP in Alberta. It has 233000 km on it and I bought it from a dealer here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The total came out to about $30,000.00 Cdn, which I think was a bit high, but after looking at the truck, ITS TOTALLY IMACULATE INSIDE AND OUT !!!
It came with this HUGE ASS TOTAL ASSAULT WINCH BUMPER / BRUSH GUARD on the front, that held a 12000 pound winch. The dealer took it off and installed a new front panel, but gave me the bumper anyway. That stupid thing is SOOO heavy that my grown son and I could hardly lift it out of the truck. Solid steel. I had some weird tranny issues with it at first and had to get it rebuilt under warranty. But all in all, I’m very happy with it. I did a lot of mods to it and now I’m ready to play. Only thing I had to get was a rear cargo area matt for the floor, it had just the insulation down. A trip to Princess Auto got me a solid rubber 3/4 inch thick 4 x 8 foot Matt that I cut to size and it fits PERFECTLY !!! Love that truck.

Yeah, those RCMP Suburbans are used by their Emergency Response Teams. I'm surprised they let a 2015 go to be honest, I've never seen a newer one like that come up at federal auction - only the 07-14 models which are beat to you-know-what.

The front bumpers they throw on them are crazy!

This one just sold at auction out here in BC for a touch under $4K CAD (so about 3K USD) but it says it has an engine knock.

FS2061463.jpeg

OP
OP
Rich_SSV

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To 100% eliminate the odors from the whole vehicle get yourself a small/medium size ozone machine from amazon and run it for 20-30 minutes inside with the HVAC system set on high & recirculate....it will kill all the odor and bacteria etc completely!

Mammoth 7,000mg Ozone Generator, Ozone Air Purifier for Odors in Home, Car, and Large Rooms https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071721YG5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zGTtEb6SDC3EG

Yep, that's my plan if after all I've done I still catch a whiff of Fido!

Beau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Can you extrapolate on the in-cabin filter retrofit?? We have the same '12 PPV K9 unit. Mine isn't horrible but it could definitely be better. Got a neighbor who owns a Serv-pro franchise so I'm gonna see if I can get a O-zone unit from him for a day and see if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu