Introduction/Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregoryD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Being in that business for decades I can tell you that the only thing that scares the sales department is the service department. The service manager is going to want to charge the sales manager departments 2 Department for the full ride what the book says to charge for programming those keys and that fob. The price of the items is cheap enough it's the book time labor that they tried it screw you on. Go Chilton's go

I agree with you 100%. I worked in sales at a Chrysler dealer and was the Sales Manager for the last 10 years I worked there. I've had dealers say the car business would be great business if you didnt have the service dept. The service Dept is always trying to stick it too the Sales Dept.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It’s off the beat and path but the key and the fob can be purchased from Amazon. It’s about $12 for both. The new key blank can be copied to the OE on any key cutter.

On our 08 Denali, the new key(s) can be programmed through the cluster after inserting a working key. New fobs can be added via a sequence available on YouTube.

Not sure what model year this process stops at. I’ve found the colored keys are plastic that’s glued and pressed on to the key blank. They will permanently break off if the blank is not cut to spec and too much twist is applied. The black, bonded together version is made to last.

Key and hardware stores sell the same key with an unnecessary program module for early NNBS trucks for $75. It’s not needed, but not sure what year vehicle does needed it. 10, 11, 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s off the beat and path but the key and the fob can be purchased from Amazon. It’s about $12 for both. The new key blank can be copied to the OE on any key cutter.

On our 08 Denali, the new key(s) can be programmed through the cluster after inserting a working key. New fobs can be added via a sequence available on YouTube.

Not sure what model year this process stops at. I’ve found the colored keys are plastic that’s glued and pressed on to the key blank. They will permanently break off if the blank is not cut to spec and too much twist is applied. The black, bonded together version is made to last.

Key and hardware stores sell the same key with an unnecessary program module for early NNBS trucks for $75. It’s not needed, but not sure what year vehicle does needed it. 10, 11, 12?

They made it a real PITA to program new keys and FOBs starting in 2010.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thank you, 07, 08, 09 and you’re on easy street for keys and fobs for the NNBS. 2010> is where you need more involvement than purchasing a new key and fob on Amazon for $12.

I’ve not known any other vehicle where you could clone a fob, step by step, through the DIC in in the cluster.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the group from Easton, PA.

Already mentioned www.carandtruckremotes.com. Been using them for a few years now.

Paul

QUOTE="Frank Fontana, post: 1398710, member: 76147"]Hello all! I just became the owner of a 2018 Yukon XL and am excited to be part of the forum! A quick question for everyone: Unfortunately the dealer only had one key and fob for the truck, any ideas on where to get a second key and fob (other than a dealership)? Thanks![/QUOTE]

2011TXDenali

Reaction score
Bought a OEM key fob on ebay, then took it to a local locksmith to program when I bought our used 2011 a couple years ago. Way cheaper than the dealership.

bakerboats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon and bought a key on line but to program (per my manual) I needed both original keys. Programming instructions should be in your manual, so you can check.

MechEng813

Reaction score
I picked up a few used ones on ebay, and was able to have them sent out to a company to "reset" them. Once I had them back in hand the pairing process was pretty easy to do thru the DIC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf