Introduction/Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank Fontana, Dec 11, 2019.

1. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Full Access Member

Name:
    Ron

Are you asking me? Her name is not familiar to me. Been in Oregon almost 24 years.

2. Frank Fontana

Frank Fontana TYF Newbie

Name:
    Frank
    Thank you very much, I’ll check it out!

3. GregoryD

GregoryD TYF Newbie

Name:
    Greg
    I agree with you 100%. I worked in sales at a Chrysler dealer and was the Sales Manager for the last 10 years I worked there. I've had dealers say the car business would be great business if you didnt have the service dept. The service Dept is always trying to stick it too the Sales Dept.

Rocket Man likes this.
  4. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    It’s off the beat and path but the key and the fob can be purchased from Amazon. It’s about $12 for both. The new key blank can be copied to the OE on any key cutter.

On our 08 Denali, the new key(s) can be programmed through the cluster after inserting a working key. New fobs can be added via a sequence available on YouTube.

Not sure what model year this process stops at. I’ve found the colored keys are plastic that’s glued and pressed on to the key blank. They will permanently break off if the blank is not cut to spec and too much twist is applied. The black, bonded together version is made to last.

Key and hardware stores sell the same key with an unnecessary program module for early NNBS trucks for $75. It’s not needed, but not sure what year vehicle does needed it. 10, 11, 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Fontana likes this.
  5. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    They made it a real PITA to program new keys and FOBs starting in 2010.

6. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    Thank you, 07, 08, 09 and you’re on easy street for keys and fobs for the NNBS. 2010> is where you need more involvement than purchasing a new key and fob on Amazon for $12.

I’ve not known any other vehicle where you could clone a fob, step by step, through the DIC in in the cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 5strmtrp

5strmtrp Member

Name:
    Paul
    Welcome to the group from Easton, PA.

Already mentioned www.carandtruckremotes.com. Been using them for a few years now.

Paul

QUOTE="Frank Fontana, post: 1398710, member: 76147"]Hello all! I just became the owner of a 2018 Yukon XL and am excited to be part of the forum! A quick question for everyone: Unfortunately the dealer only had one key and fob for the truck, any ideas on where to get a second key and fob (other than a dealership)? Thanks![/QUOTE]

8. 2011TXDenali

2011TXDenali TYF Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Bought a OEM key fob on ebay, then took it to a local locksmith to program when I bought our used 2011 a couple years ago. Way cheaper than the dealership.

Rocket Man likes this.
  9. bakerboats

bakerboats TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ed
    I have a 2019 Yukon and bought a key on line but to program (per my manual) I needed both original keys. Programming instructions should be in your manual, so you can check.

10. MechEng813

MechEng813 Member

Name:
    Rick
    I picked up a few used ones on ebay, and was able to have them sent out to a company to "reset" them. Once I had them back in hand the pairing process was pretty easy to do thru the DIC