Intermittent WiFi/Internet Issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The WiFi signal started cutting in and out today. It will go from FULL signal to ZERO then disappear from the infotainment screen. Called OnStar, they checked as I was on my cell with them and she said she sent a refresh signal to the truck and could still see it cutting in and out while I was parked. They gave me a case number and said they would escalate it. Tomorrow I'll pull the negative cable and see if a hard reset helps like some people have reported.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The WiFi signal started cutting in and out today. It will go from FULL signal to ZERO then disappear from the infotainment screen. Called OnStar, they checked as I was on my cell with them and she said she sent a refresh signal to the truck and could still see it cutting in and out while I was parked. They gave me a case number and said they would escalate it. Tomorrow I'll pull the negative cable and see if a hard reset helps like some people have reported.

I have an idea drop the headliner and remove the shark fin make sure the wifi antenna connectors are connected and seated properly also remove the glove box and find the Wi-Fi antenna coax cable connection back there as well

I would check in the shark fin area for corroded connectors too

If you have a DMM with a continuity setting on there you can do a Lotta good things with trouble shooting