Intermittent Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steelhorse7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been posted before but this is getting frustrating. I have a 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier. If I turn the interior tailgate dial to off then back to Max my remote works to open the tailgate, one time! Sometimes my tailgate release at the handle will not work unless I turn the interior dial to off then back to Max. I hold the close button on the tailgate until it beeps to reset. Then my remote works, the tailgate handle works. One time! Sometimes the remote works several times in a row. A hour later it doesn’t work. I have pulled the fuses in the back, waited and reinstalled them hoping this would do a reset. I have even changed my remote battery with no change. Any ideas as to what is the problem and how do I fix this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a long shot, but does this only happen in one place, like in your garage or driveway? Or is this still the case anywhere you are, like at a Costco parking lot.

Because I had a brief issue with my keyfob not opening the tailgate when it was parked in my driveway when I was doing a bunch of electrical work on something not car related in my garage. I think something was interrupting the frequency from the fob or the gate itself, because once I was done with the electrical work, it all functioned normal again.

OP
OP
S

Steelhorse7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a long shot, but does this only happen in one place, like in your garage or driveway? Or is this still the case anywhere you are, like at a Costco parking lot.

Because I had a brief issue with my keyfob not opening the tailgate when it was parked in my driveway when I was doing a bunch of electrical work on something not car related in my garage. I think something was interrupting the frequency from the fob or the gate itself, because once I was done with the electrical work, it all functioned normal again.
It does this at any location. Thanks for the reply back!

DrAnik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been posted before but this is getting frustrating. I have a 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier. If I turn the interior tailgate dial to off then back to Max my remote works to open the tailgate, one time! Sometimes my tailgate release at the handle will not work unless I turn the interior dial to off then back to Max. I hold the close button on the tailgate until it beeps to reset. Then my remote works, the tailgate handle works. One time! Sometimes the remote works several times in a row. A hour later it doesn’t work. I have pulled the fuses in the back, waited and reinstalled them hoping this would do a reset. I have even changed my remote battery with no change. Any ideas as to what is the problem and how do I fix this. Thanks!
We just bought a 2017 Yukon XL, and it is having this exact issue. We're you ever able to figure out the problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs