Intermittent P0171 and p0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your pcv. i dont recall when they switched to a valveless system, but if you dont have a pcv valve, you should check the valve cover insides and see if the baffles are all gummed up. otherwise check the valve and vac hose.

OP
OP
chevy1500

chevy1500

Reaction score
check your pcv. i dont recall when they switched to a valveless system, but if you dont have a pcv valve, you should check the valve cover insides and see if the baffles are all gummed up. otherwise check the valve and vac hose.
I checked the pcv and it's the orifice type with out the spring and the baffle i cant see nothing but a hole

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the fixed office PCv actually clean? You can see through it? Since the oil cap was Not sealing but now it is, and your smoking on starts, my initial thought is too high pressure from a clogged pcv valve. I clean mine with brake cleaner every now and then.

Have you looked at fuel trims at idle to see if it’s truly back to normal?

OP
OP
chevy1500

chevy1500

Reaction score
Is the fixed office PCv actually clean? You can see through it? Since the oil cap was Not sealing but now it is, and your smoking on starts, my initial thought is too high pressure from a clogged pcv valve. I clean mine with brake cleaner every now and then.

Have you looked at fuel trims at idle to see if it’s truly back to normal?
Yes fuel trims are back to normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts