Intermittent Braking Loss on '16 Yukon

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by Yukon John, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Yukon John

Yukon John Full Access Member

Name:
    John
    One additional addition to this story....GMC Truck Division sent me a $100 service/repair voucher to be used for future required maintenance or repairs.

Honestly....I don't think I have ever been treated as well as I have with this issue by any other manufacturer or dealer.

Tahoe14 and elperuano like this.
  2. Jeff Potter

Jeff Potter TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Add me to the list of "HOLY SH%T!, what just happened to my BRAKES" list. Vacuum pump fail at low speeds. Getting replaced this coming week.

3. kdsimms

kdsimms TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ken

I have this issue but its intermittent (and of course does not happen at the dealership). I guess I'll be calling GM Customer service also (800.222.1020)

4. stormin

stormin Member

Name:
    Stormin
    I have had the same issue with my 2016 Tahoe ltz...started approx. 2 months ago...
    low and behold... a couple of days ago .. I get a letter in the mail from generous motors...making me aware of this possible problem and if I do experience this... they will replace the vacuum pump under warranty and have extended the warranty on this issue I believe for 6 years from the date your vehicle was placed in service or 116,000 kms… which is approx. 70,000 miles.
    so if you have this issue and haven't received notice from GM... go check with your local dealer and inquire about this campaign.

take care all!!

5. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Actually, if its not taken care of promptly, that’s exactly what will happen and you need to swap the booster too.

Doubeleive likes this.