Interior stuff...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought two front door panels from an 07 for my 12 Yukon just last week. FedEx is taking their sweet time so I don't even know if they're in usable condition yet.
When you get them, I recommend closely inspecting the area on the back where the handle and metal backing plate attach with the 7mm bolts. I went through several before I found a pair that didn’t have most of the plastic screw races broken. Once those go, the handle and that steel plate that is used to reinforce where the 10mm bolts go into the door will fail and the panel is useless.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lost me. I’m saying i replaced the handles on my door panels with Escalade ones.
You guys are talking 2 different handles- the one that’s used to pull the door closed and the one that you unlatch the door with. Handle/ handle. :D

Raymonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought two front door panels from an 07 for my 12 Yukon just last week. FedEx is taking their sweet time so I don't even know if they're in usable condition yet.
Curious where you found them and what they cost?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get them, I recommend closely inspecting the area on the back where the handle and metal backing plate attach with the 7mm bolts. I went through several before I found a pair that didn’t have most of the plastic screw races broken. Once those go, the handle and that steel plate that is used to reinforce where the 10mm bolts go into the door will fail and the panel is useless.

You’re talking about the 07-09 panels? I’ve never seen one of those break, only the 10-14 panels. I checked them anyway based on you saying that and one wouldn’t tighten but I pulled them all out and filled the holes with super glue and put them back so they’ll be fine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re talking about the 07-09 panels? I’ve never seen one of those break, only the 10-14 panels. I checked them anyway based on you saying that and one wouldn’t tighten but I pulled them all out and filled the holes with super glue and put them back so they’ll be fine.
Yep, 07-09 panels. Maybe it was just because of the part of the country they were coming from but it took me 6 panels to get 2 good ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne