Interior lights wont shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I'm on the road driving up to Austin and I can't get my dome lights to shutoff all of a sudden. Even when parked with the key out.

Is there a fuse for this? I thought it might be 14 for illum but no dice. This will drain my battery obviulsy minus unhooking the thing every time I stop.

Hoping to have a solution by the time i reach Austin for a temporary fix.

Thanks

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
There should be a dome lamp override button just below the head light switch.
Push that in and turn the ignition to on position and light should go off.

I hope 96 has that switch....there is one on my 97.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that doesn't work check to make sure all of the door switches haven't broken off

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Doh, just thought of this......check the dimmer for the instrument panel lamp next to the head light switch. If it's turned up all the way past the detent, dome lamps are on all the time.

Hopefully that is it so you won't have to go searching for shorted wire some where.
I got my fingers crossed for you.

daol

Reaction score
Doh, just thought of this......check the dimmer for the instrument panel lamp next to the head light switch. If it's turned up all the way past the detent, dome lamps are on all the time.

Hopefully that is it so you won't have to go searching for shorted wire some where.
my god, you just saved my day!
had the same problem, been trying to figure out all day whats wrong, even my local workshop was unable to find the reason, but in their defence, not that many drive an old tahoe here in sweden, became a member just so I could say thank you.

Reaction score
my god, you just saved my day!
had the same problem, been trying to figure out all day whats wrong, even my local workshop was unable to find the reason, but in their defence, not that many drive an old tahoe here in sweden, became a member just so I could say thank you.
Mine too, thanks for the post

Timee

Reaction score

10 years later thank you was going crazy with these lights stuck on lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu