Interior lights always on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Awesome!! Thank you. Im going to jump on that right now. Where did you find that info?

Do yourself a big favor and join ALLDATAdiy.com and have the info at your finger tips. You can do more than one vehicle as well. Costs more but is a year at a time plus the additional vehicles are less expensive for each one. east302 came thru for you.

OP
OP
S

Skahide

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, guys. I did check everything mentioned and didnt have any success. I got really frustrated and placed the Yukon on the "back burner".

Last week I went ahead and bought a new headlight switch assembly (since the other was from a junk yard). I installed it and now the interior lights (same ones as before) DONT come on UNLESS I turn the dimmer wheel all the way UP. The Override button changes nothing. Having the doors opened or closed does not change their functioning. Just out of curiosity i popped the old headlight switch in....and it works exactly as the new one.

Im so confused.

I have replaced both FRONT door switches. But i need to be sure the other switches are grounding properly? anything else to check?

GMJedi

Reaction score
I’m having the exact same issue with my 97 Tahoe. I’ve pulled all the switches and disconnected them. Disconnected the h/l switch too. The only thing left in the system is the lamp control module. Ordered on per my vin from oem. Can not find it anywhere under the dash. So fuse is pulled. No interior lamps. No visor mirror lights. No power mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne