Interior LED How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome: If the bulb are polarized turn them 180 degrees to reverse the polarity but first make sure your dimmer it turned up on high brightest.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just replaced a few of mine wiht the basic 1 led from sbl. looks good to me. need to replace the dome lights now. and fix the ac controls too. may upgrade dash to brighter blue. how do you replace the door controls with leds? cant find a right up on it. want to do that soon. want them brighter and blue. also mine being a 95 the ac control lights are wired in. can i just unsolder them and replace them?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can only find the 360 degree viewing angle ones???

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i found them orderd 6 of them i was looking at the wrong one but wouldntthe 360 degree ones put off more light by spreading it out more? justa thought

95'Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, is the 95 2 door Tahoe one that has them soldered in or is it simply pull the old one and pop the new one in? Side note on this, since the guage cluster is already pulled - how easy is it to put a new guage face on?

skintahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My cluster bulbs are all soldered in so where do you get sockets that allow for the leds to just be plugged in? Or are you somehow desoldering the sockets? Went to napa all they had was 194 bulbs already soldered in the sockets as well....

95yukonslt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My cluster bulbs are all soldered in so where do you get sockets that allow for the leds to just be plugged in? Or are you somehow desoldering the sockets? Went to napa all they had was 194 bulbs already soldered in the sockets as well....

here http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...on=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/T10_sockets.html i had to order these, my stock ones were soldered in place too

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

just replaced a few of mine wiht the basic 1 led from sbl. looks good to me. need to replace the dome lights now. and fix the ac controls too. may upgrade dash to brighter blue. how do you replace the door controls with leds? cant find a right up on it. want to do that soon. want them brighter and blue. also mine being a 95 the ac control lights are wired in. can i just unsolder them and replace them?

theres two different types
these 42mm http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DS9IFM/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
and these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ion=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/RL4410-xHP9.htm

95yukonslt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also wondering what the white ones would look like in the dash. I dig the blue... it matches the Alpine but with a Pewter Yukon I am not seeing that blue matches too well. So has anyone just done white? I am thinking it might be obnoxiously bright.

they look good

Attachments

• IMG_0241[1].jpg
    IMG_0241[1].jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 131

95yukonslt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too want to replace the HVAC, headlight switch, and door panel switches, but you have to replace the whole socket...anybody know the number of the neowedge for these bulbs, im at school right now and away form my yukon so i would like to order them so when i get back i can replace them. BTW its a 95 yukon slt 4 door 4x4 if that makes a difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts