Interior/exterior lights flickering.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
2009 Tahoe LT. Flickering doesn't start until I start the Tahoe but once started, all my interior lights, headlights, and fog lights flicker. Battery is brand new, autozone checked out the alternator and said it checks out good, plus I replaced the headlight switch but I'm still having the issue.

Any suggestions?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe LT. Flickering doesn't start until I start the Tahoe but once started, all my interior lights, headlights, and fog lights flicker. Battery is brand new, autozone checked out the alternator and said it checks out good, plus I replaced the headlight switch but I'm still having the issue.

Any suggestions?

Check your grounds.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did something similar, the factory ground cable on the battery was loose in the connector. I replaced it and no more flicker. I now have dual batteries so the lights are always bright now, lol

OP
OP
DrunkElvis

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
So this issue disappeared for about 5 months and just came back. Where is the ground locations for these engines? Sorry for what may seem to be a silly question but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to electrical wiring. A quick google search shows so flat metallic looking wire but I'm not sure if that's what I should be looking for.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many under hood and on frae but start with your battery negative and follow it, there are a few leads on it. Batt to frame, batt to engine, engine to body, body to frame....

John Root

Reaction score
What would reason my interior lights to stay on even when all doors are closed?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would reason my interior lights to stay on even when all doors are closed?
Either the switch on the dash is in the on position or a door switch isn’t working or the tailgate or tailgate window switch isn’t working.
The round knob on the dash turns left and right to dim or brighten the dash lights all the way to a click puts the interior lights on constant.C10C6EE3-3682-4B4B-9A6C-BB2BF025A456.jpeg

OP
OP
DrunkElvis

DrunkElvis

Reaction score
Double checked the grounds that I could find and everything is solid as a rock. Excuse the dirty engine, gravel roads here in Texas make it difficult to keep clean.

Question about the 4th picture. The positive terminal has a wire running to a box that's labeled fuse/fusible, with a wire running out of it somewhere else. I haven't pulled that box off to open it up but what does that fuse go to, if there's one inside?

20190614_171236.jpg 20190614_171309.jpg 20190614_171322.jpg 20190614_171249.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Double checked the grounds that I could find and everything is solid as a rock. Excuse the dirty engine, gravel roads here in Texas make it difficult to keep clean.

Question about the 4th picture. The positive terminal has a wire running to a box that's labeled fuse/fusible, with a wire running out of it somewhere else. I haven't pulled that box off to open it up but what does that fuse go to, if there's one inside?

View attachment 224903 View attachment 224904 View attachment 224905 View attachment 224906

That is your 175A Maxifuse... it feeds the power from the battery to the main fuse box under the hood which feeds EVERYTHING.

Disconnect the battery and then pull that cover and fuse and clean both sides and reinstall.