Interested in a 2022 Yukon Xl Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravelTed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a 2022 Yukon XL Denali, wanted to read the forums before pulling the lever on this vehicle, have rented a 2020 Yukon XL Denali on a weeks trip, loved the way it drove, rode, and all and all an easy vehicle to drive, any reason to stay away from this vehicle? Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

There are some threads on here about the new 2021 rigs with plenty of info. Read thru the 2021+ section and learn. 2022 difference? Hell I don't know.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a 2022 Yukon XL Denali, wanted to read the forums before pulling the lever on this vehicle, have rented a 2020 Yukon XL Denali on a weeks trip, loved the way it drove, rode, and all and all an easy vehicle to drive, any reason to stay away from this vehicle? Thanks
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

As @PNW VietVet stated, there are many threads here in the Forum on the 2021 Yukons, with opinions ranging from 'love it' to 'this is an expensive POS'. Everybody has an opinion, but reading through the threads should give you some insight into folks expectations, and how the 2021 met them or failed them.

rickgi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe in 2021 they initiated the push buttons on the dash to shift transmission. Also, with some exceptions due to parts shortage, they come with an auto stop/start feature. I dislike both of these changes.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe in 2021 they initiated the push buttons on the dash to shift transmission. Also, with some exceptions due to parts shortage, they come with an auto stop/start feature. I dislike both of these changes.
I would absolutely hate both of these too.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate both of those also. If I was in your shoes I would consider a well maintained [with service records] 18-20 Denali or a 5.3 Suburban. But that is just me. To each their own.

Welcome from Miami Beach!

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

There are some threads on here about the new 2021 rigs with plenty of info. Read thru the 2021+ section and learn. 2022 difference? Hell I don't know.
Coming out of a 2018 Tahoe, I love the 2021 Yukon Denali. Love the push button transmission. Took a little getting use to, but like having the gear selector out of the way. As far as the auto stop, besides being able to turn it off, there is a way to override it. This I will say, there is a much notable difference in ride between the two. Just the independent suspension alone, akes a tremendous amount of difference to start...

Lorddaddy425

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a late model 2021, they stopped making them with auto stop/start. Push button transmission is fine. Love this thing. '22 model will lose safety features and push button start due to microchip shortage. It's possible transmission goes back to past configurations as a result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094