Integrate Garage door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the garage door opener transmitters are single Piece units? (Like a box right behind the buttons on the head liner). Or do the buttons connect to the bcm or some other fancy thingamajig in the dash?

Just thinking about ripping one out of a junk yard and integrating it into my work van. If it just just a 1 piece unit.. does it just wire up 12v and ground?

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the garage door opener transmitters are single Piece units? (Like a box right behind the buttons on the head liner). Or do the buttons connect to the bcm or some other fancy thingamajig in the dash?

Just thinking about ripping one out of a junk yard and integrating it into my work van. If it just just a 1 piece unit.. does it just wire up 12v and ground?
It is a self-contained module. It just has connections for power, ground and illumination.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a self-contained module. It just has connections for power, ground and illumination.
Thanks for that. It looked like that from what I googled but I’m the worst at trying to read wire schematics so I wanted to see if anyone knew off hand

alexalex

Reaction score
Make sure you have the power on to the car. (Sorry missed you had car on the first time I read your post). Garage door openers don't work if car is off. Find out more on https://indoor2outdoor.com/liftmaster-vs-chamberlain/

To program mine I needed to use the portable remote to train the button before it would recognize the garage door unit. So a multi step process.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have the power on to the car. (Sorry missed you had car on the first time I read your post). Garage door openers don't work if car is off. Find out more on https://indoor2outdoor.com/liftmaster-vs-chamberlain/

To program mine I needed to use the portable remote to train the button before it would recognize the garage door unit. So a multi step process.

Not true, all my vehicles integrated garage door opener’s work while vehicle is powered down....01,13,19 GM’s and hondas

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, all my vehicles integrated garage door opener’s work while vehicle is powered down....01,13,19 GM’s and hondas
Yeah my old 2000 and 15 works whether the car is on or off. I don’t think the previous commenter read the initial post at all.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a video a ways back where the person used their garage door opener module and integrated it into their high beams. All he had to do was flash the lights and the garage door would open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC