Intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
madcheetah had one, I had been doing searches for about 2 months and they listed one I have bought from them on ebay berfore good deals if they have what you need. I see the lowest price for a new one right now was $314 and some change from another seller

Link?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough

With that said, I think you can do better than K&N. At least for filter elements.

There's nothing too special about the plumbing. It's a tube going from filter to intake that holds the MAF.

The considerations I'd place on importance are:
- The box itself. Where it pulls air from, whether it be from outside air, or from the hot engine bay is going to make a difference.
- Whether or not you can use the maf turbulence screen
- Availability of parts

Figure out which airbox you want to use, determine what sort of dimensions you have to work with, then call around and see who makes a filter element that meets your criteria.

This is worth a read
https://nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
Volant. Great sound and with a BB tune, your ride will be impressive.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the throaty growling sound to be honest

You get that from losing the mufflers that the stock intake tube has to quiet the intake sound. An Airaid MIT will get you this and a couple HP for 1/3 the cost. Although K&N owns AEM, the DryFlow filter has impressed me with it's filtration performance.

After installing my MIT, I was satisfied without getting a louder exhaust because it sounded so good. This is coming from vehicles that have exhaust notes that buzz your balls when under load.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally got the intake installed today and i noticed the pipe that goes ine the heat shield doesnt fully sit flushed completely.

I also skipped drilling a second hole for the heat shield

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So finally got the intake installed today and i noticed the pipe that goes ine the heat shield doesnt fully sit flushed completely.

I also skipped drilling a second hole for the heat shield
Pic of yours? and ill look at mine and see diff. I skipped drilling hole too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401