Intake on a hybrid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run a SRI or CAI on my Tahoe hybrid? Has anyone done it? And if so what model? Thanks

Decrow

Reaction score
I bought an Airaid JR kit, and Throttle Body Spacer last week from Summit racing. The CAI tube would not fit due to lack of clearance from the resivor in front, even though it said would fit 2007-2011 Chevy Tahoe 4.8, 5.3, 6.0L's.
The Throttle Body Space fits, and with some patients the stock intake can be put back on (tight fit). I just put it on Friday night, haven't went any where to determine gas mileage change +/-. I Will keep you posted. I have seen people put the Volant CAI on, but I didnt want to spend $300-$400 right now.

Attachments

• TBSpacer.jpg
    TBSpacer.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 25
  • TBSpacer2.jpg
    TBSpacer2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 18
  • TBSpacer3.jpg
    TBSpacer3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 20
  • TBSpacer4.jpg
    TBSpacer4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know what your impressions of the spacer are! I wonder if the AIRAID MIT will fit? Have you ever looked into that?

Decrow

Reaction score
The Airaid JR kit is a MIT, with a drop-in filter. The bend on the tube off the Throttle Body is to great, look at how narrow the stock intake is. The U-build it kit may work, but why not just buy from somebody that has a correct fitting kit.

OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh, I see.. Thats a bummer.. Yeah, it looks like our only option is the Volant right now, which requires a little trimming from what I hear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny