Intake manifold gasket replacement advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score
Dephi makes a lot of OE stuff for these trucks, so I would sure hope they are quality stuff, I know the OEM gast pump is theirs.
Thank you. I'm using the search bar to research Delphi knock sensors here on this forum to see what the consensus is. I know Delphi makes a lot of electronics for manufacturers so I'd like to think they're good.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm using the search bar to research Delphi knock sensors here on this forum to see what the consensus is. I know Delphi makes a lot of electronics for manufacturers so I'd like to think they're good.
Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to run stuff that's is either Deplhi or ac delco pro. Anything aftermarket for sensitive stuff I would think about twice, yeah am looking at you Dorman.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got my Delphi knock sensors from Amazon. Been about 2yrs with no issues.

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score

Thank you for your input! I was just looking on Amazon at Delphi knock sensor reviews. This guy had posted a picture of his Delphi and it's got a sticker that says assembled in Mexico, that happens to be where the acdelco is assembled also.

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to run stuff that's is either Deplhi or ac delco pro. Anything aftermarket for sensitive stuff I would think about twice, yeah am looking at you Dorman.

Agreed! I got an oil pressure switch for my last vehicle from oreillys I want to say BDW. It ended up going out in exactly 1 year! That was fine because it was easy to get at but I'm not pulling an intake manifold twice in 1 year for a sensor!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Agreed! I got an oil pressure switch for my last vehicle from oreillys I want to say BDW. It ended up going out in exactly 1 year! That was fine because it was easy to get at but I'm not pulling an intake manifold twice in 1 year for a sensor!
Never buy the BDW brand! Complete garbage. This is the stuff you buy when you're selling it immediately. Don't even consider it.

OP
OP
X

XL04

Reaction score
Never buy the BDW brand! Complete garbage. This is the stuff you buy when you're selling it immediately. Don't even consider it.

I wont from now on lesson learned. I'm finding Acdelco parts are reasonably priced for stuff I've been looking at.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I'm usually with you on the OEM parts for vehicles. However in this case I do not really want to wait until next week for acdelco knock sensors. I'm not paying the local dealer $100 per sensor. If someone tells me that aftermarket knock sensors are a big no no I'll wait and order them online @ $35 each. The biggest thing is I want to get my truck back on the road tomorrow.

Go OEM, unless you wanna do the job twice.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

Three years ago I bought a Delphi fuel pump and it lasted 16 months, I ended up replacing it with an AC Delco unit, thats the experiance I had with Delphi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442