Intake/headers concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StormPackie

Reaction score
Alright. This might already be here, if so please direct. But if not hi. I jave my 1994 blazer, im not fond of this tbi but amyways. I want to replace my exhaust manifold for headers and my air cleaner for a cold air intake. Obviously im in ca so everything ca carb approved. And i have this hot pipe from my manifold to air cleaner for cold starts. And was thinking would it be wise to swap out all at once?

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doing it "all at once" or "piece-meal"....really all depends on how much money/time you have available to make the changes happen.

My rig has been a work in progress for a loooong time...hence the "Slow and Steady" handle. Outside of tint and exhaust (trucks are supposed to "rumble" right?), which were my first mods, my changes (upgrades) came as a result of maintenance that needed to be done.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Yep... tight frame/engine and frame/front drive-train space make for tight spaces in relation to LT headers.
Can it be done? Yep, but you typically want to get year/model/drive specific when choosing... 2wd and 4wd headers are not interchangeable.