Installing your LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AudioFile

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't make the mistake I did. I intstalled the same LED taillights as Tast101 (Deanti') did; looks like the same truck too. However, I didn't realize that the light positioning was different, and I blew fuses and ruined a couple of gauges in my dash AND fryed a component in my alternator. It was an expensive lesson; I was so pissed off at myself. Next time I do an elect. mod, I'll check here first.

Minus the smoke and fire, I'd do the mod all over again, I love these lights - they are very responsive and look great.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These tails are probably my favorite exterior mod on my truck...

...most replacements are so cheesy looking, like they belong on a 16 year old's ricer...these are more like OEM.

Yea I wish i would've known about these when I had my nbs.... these are the sickest stock/oem looking LED tails i've ever seen for the nbs

Venom One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to make the top and middle lights light up at the same time?....as in they both light up as parking lights, both light up as brake lights, and both light up as turn signals....

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these off a member on here and put on tonight and now my cruise is out as well, guess I'll have to run by autozone and see what that resistor is all about
23532b37.gif

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to install your LED Tails.

(Don't remember his name off the top of my head, but on TF.com he had a little wiring diagram to have both the blinker and brake light to work in unison like the esky lights) Hopefully he'll join up and chime in.

Can you maybe provide the link to this? I couldn't find it and I'm trying to get both my lights to work in unison, I figured out how to get them both to be on at the same time but working in unison is a whole nother can o worms =/

Last edited:

originalmazdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I realize this thread is old....

I read the entire thread and am still left with the question, which LED's will work with barn doors?????

RBTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you maybe provide the link to this? I couldn't find it and I'm trying to get both my lights to work in unison, I figured out how to get them both to be on at the same time but working in unison is a whole nother can o worms =/

Been searching for a while trying to see if anyone has any idea on how to do this, has anyone yet? I'd like for the bottom half to act as additional brake lights.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the smoke LEDs and the smoke is really light. So you get the smoke appearance but no real reduction in lumens. Looks great with my Carbon paint.

maduro

Reaction score
Don't remember his name off the top of my head, but on TF.com he had a little wiring diagram to have both the blinker and brake light to work in unison like the esky lights) Hopefully he'll join up and chime in.

Might have to fool with figuring this out.. I like that look.

I searched on tf.com for any thread containing "led tail" & couldn't find a diagram. Has anyone found it or know how to wire up these tails so blinker & brake light up together?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518