Installing sub with stock Bose system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but guys watch old posts because it was Bose adding subwoofer. If you can find me fresh link .. let me know . Do all 2002 suburban subwoofer parts fit in a 2006 ? That be great..

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone found a company that makes a wire that plugs into the factory harness from the factory Bose Speaker so you can avoid cutting up your factory harness on a 2005 Yucon. I see they make one for the later model Yucons. Trying to add a sub and an amplifier to run it, maybe Metra?

Reaction score
Call crutchfield. They sell a harness allows you to keep all ateering wheel controls and door chimes and everything. Cost you about 100 tho but worth it for plug and play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just call Metra, they have nothing.

Anyone out there? Has anyone added a amplifier to a 2005 Yucon, or a Tahoe with a factory Bose System? A bit confused on some things I've seen like seeing 4 wires to run you high level outs and being connector to a single voice coil driver. I know about the connector in the console just need to be clear on what the wiring is and what color is what, can anyone give me some advise? thanks, AL.
I just call Metra, they have nothing.

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 2005 Tahoe or Yucon and did a aftermarket sub amplifier to a stock Bose system?

Monkey_Wrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 2005 Tahoe or Yucon and did a aftermarket sub amplifier to a stock Bose system?
Anyone out there? Has anyone added a amplifier to a 2005 Yucon, or a Tahoe with a factory Bose System? A bit confused on some things I've seen like seeing 4 wires to run you high level outs and being connector to a single voice coil driver. I know about the connector in the console just need to be clear on what the wiring is and what color is what, can anyone give me some advise? thanks, AL.
There's a youtube video of a guy making his own harness to bypass the Bose amp.

If you want to add an amp to the stock Bose you could run wires from the stock sub to an amp with speaker level inputs.

WHYTNOYZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
People have said it's possible to install a subwoofer with the existing Bose system. I also noticed in the rear left console (over the wheel) there is a space to install a sub. How easy is this to do? Is there a wiring harness already in that space? I'm a novice audio guy, so I don't want to take on more than I can chew (ie, running wires from the HU to the back of the truck).
Don't know if this helps but I added a dual 12's in a fairly large box in far rear of my Denali prior to aftermarket h unit. I bought the "audio control lc2i" which is a line out converter which I tapped into the far rear d side pillar speaker for signal to subs and turns on amp when key on. So I could retain the use of all Bose speakers. If I had ran off h unit only four speakers would work. I put my amp and l.o.c in the area you mentioned. Honestly it's not very hard at all to run the power from battery to the rear in these vehicles since it's pretty much open after you get to that rear panel. I can take a few pics if you like so you can get an idea. Audio control makes a lc1i converter now too. Unfortunately if u want to add a aftermarket sub you will need to run power wire to the amp from battery. Lmk.

Jonesy92

Reaction score
95BC329A-9D0E-42A4-A8DC-6769B30B1E04.jpegI installed 8” touchscreen, backup cam, and have had 2 industry Titan 15’s in the back. No 3rd row. I did however build a box for twin 12’s that fits between the 3rd row and hatch(Non XL), that sounded pretty good. As of now, picked up a third car, so the Tahoe is now my Hoe. ;)

WHYTNOYZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I have 05 Yukon and added a sub and amp. I did not connect it to Bose factory. I kept stock speakers since they sound fine even with 2 12" subs. I use the "audio control lc1i line out converter and tapped off far rear cargo pillar speaker for signal to amp turn on for subs. Great little device. Check it out. There are cheaper less expensive loc's but this gives you much more control and ease of function.