Installing a rear view backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "W8TVI, post: 1271720, miembro: 54807"] Corrí el cable en el hueco del sello de la compuerta trasera y subí por el lado izquierdo:
[ADJUNTO = lleno] 207076 [/ ADJUNTO]

La parte más difícil fue una buena conexión a tierra. Terminar usando la misma conexión a tierra que está usando el amplificador para mis subs. [/ CITA]

the signal of the reverse light from where you took it?

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "W8TVI, post: 1271720, miembro: 54807"] Corrí el cable en el hueco del sello de la compuerta trasera y subí por el lado izquierdo:
[ADJUNTO = lleno] 207076 [/ ADJUNTO]

La parte más difícil fue una buena conexión a tierra. Terminar usando la misma conexión a tierra que está usando el amplificador para mis subs. [/ CITA]

the signal of the reverse light from where you took it?

Encontré la señal en la caja en el espacio para los pies en el lado del conductor. Puedes encontrar videos en YouTube.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My clarion camera attached to my clarion headunit comes on automatically when I go into reverse, but it also has constant power so I have a shortcut button on my quick menu and can pull it up even when driving. I love it for when I’m towing small stuff like the jet ski trailer and when we use the ski trailer to take the stand up paddle board and double kayak over to the marina. I can always watch it and make sure it’s doing what it’s supposed to lol. My camera wire is ran under the plastic panel along the inside of my tailgate, although there’s a hole through the body with a rubber grommet seal on it and my camera wire is ran behind the bumper pad and across to that said hole and then up inside the truck. Not sure if all the GMT800 trucks have that same hole, but that was the easy option for getting the wire I to the truck and not having to drill any holes. Funny that your brought up the cargo cover. My truck didn’t have one when I bought, but I came across a guy selling like 4 of them down in Orange County, and he happened to have a tan one that matched my interior, I messaged him right away and scooped it up. I only paid $75 for my cover. Guess I got lucky!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My clarion camera attached to my clarion headunit comes on automatically when I go into reverse, but it also has constant power so I have a shortcut button on my quick menu and can pull it up even when driving. I love it for when I’m towing small stuff like the jet ski trailer and when we use the ski trailer to take the stand up paddle board and double kayak over to the marina. I can always watch it and make sure it’s doing what it’s supposed to lol. My camera wire is ran under the plastic panel along the inside of my tailgate, although there’s a hole through the body with a rubber grommet seal on it and my camera wire is ran behind the bumper pad and across to that said hole and then up inside the truck. Not sure if all the GMT800 trucks have that same hole, but that was the easy option for getting the wire I to the truck and not having to drill any holes. Funny that your brought up the cargo cover. My truck didn’t have one when I bought, but I came across a guy selling like 4 of them down in Orange County, and he happened to have a tan one that matched my interior, I messaged him right away and scooped it up. I only paid $75 for my cover. Guess I got lucky!

Yep especially lining up the trailer ball to the hitch! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan