Installed True Dual Exhaust on my 01 XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
06JET

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No X or H. I wanted them separate all the way out. I'll try to get a video later. I still need to fix an exhaust manifold leak from a broken bolt. I have the repair bolt/clamp part but it still leaks at the first start when it is cold then goes away when it warms up.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you think he would lose low end torque?
i have a terrible memory so ill try to go with the basics so i dont provide poor information. exhaust flow can have an impact on the power curve so if op went dual exhaust as shown it can lower the power one spot but increase the power elsewhere. i cant remember the specifics but it definitely wouldn't be the first time i was asked why someones car feels like it got slower off the line after a diy custom exhaust. usually when someone went too big on pipe diameter for a dual exhaust system for an engine that doesn't have the velocity to do it. op doesn't look like they went overkill and kept with the original pipe size coming off the front so it wouldn't be the case here. so @Javie was probably just asking for reference purposes im assuming. im no exhaust guru so i generally just have an exhaust shop do a system for me or i buy a kit so i know it works with the vehicle fit and function.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been proven having a h or x pipe helps with scavenging, which results in more power.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14