Installed Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%, looks killer.

I noticed one day at work all the new PPV Tahoes have black center caps from the factory. So I painted mine. No more chrome for me.

And thank you all for the compliments.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the trick to removing the nuts going to the stock cats? I can't even budge mine with a 3 foot breaker bar. Was thinking of buying a strong impact gun, but one of the nuts on passenger side is completely blocked by the 02 sensor, which appears to be impossible to get off as well.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the trick to removing the nuts going to the stock cats? I can't even budge mine with a 3 foot breaker bar. Was thinking of buying a strong impact gun, but one of the nuts on passenger side is completely blocked by the 02 sensor, which appears to be impossible to get off as well.
Sawzall

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pretty sure from all that heat cycling you'll never get it off--without cutting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PB Blaster or Kroil and let soak for a few hours, days, weeks, months! Be prepared to replace all the nuts with the studs. Something about the quality of the metals that bothers me, my '80s Buicks got much hotter here and never looked this bad and we were taking them off all the time on the race cars.

Ohh, as for the O2 Sensor, if a 7/8 or 22mm wrench won't work, get one of those special O2 Sensor sockets, there's two popular kinds. We were able to pull our Y-pipe off first and then swapped the sensors over though.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I sprayed an entire can of wd-40 over a few days.

I guess worst case I cut them. Do the manifolds lift out the top or bottom? I am concerned even if I cut them out, I won't be able to squeeze them out while still attached to manifold.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I sprayed an entire can of wd-40 over a few days.

I guess worst case I cut them. Do the manifolds lift out the top or bottom? I am concerned even if I cut them out, I won't be able to squeeze them out while still attached to manifold.

WD40 is good stuff but not anywhere near as good as Kroil or PB Blaster for use as a penetrating oil for this kind of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan