Inspection/buying guide?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score bud. I think you may want to make sure that oil cooler seal isnt gone, alot of the ones Ive seen with residue around the area shown came from the cooler blockoff or cooler seal completely. Fluids and get ready man you will love it... AFM tune will help out for sure. and should be good to go. Congrats man

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a dealer quote of $200 to flush the transmission (which I believe includes a filter)

Probably not so ask. SOP these days is to do a fluid exchange only with the TransFlow machine. I've done it twice, once at the dealer, once in my driveway with no ill effects. Promised myself I'll change it out the next time at 200K! LOL

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats... z71 package is an LT trim level only option and leather is standard on the LT. I recognize the area on the d/s seat bottom that’s wearing as our 08 Denali was doing that too.

Shop online for a new leather seat cover and pad. Compare the p/s seat comfort to the d/s seat and the 2-$3h to bring it back to new will greatly improve the driving experience.

Very desirable color / interior option. Purchase a spray on ceramic sealer ASAP to protect the clear coat. The paint look to be all intact. You scored on that truck and you’re right, you made out well because it was not marketed well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score bud. I think you may want to make sure that oil cooler seal isnt gone, alot of the ones Ive seen with residue around the area shown came from the cooler blockoff or cooler seal completely. Fluids and get ready man you will love it... AFM tune will help out for sure. and should be good to go. Congrats man

Thanks and good to know about the oil cooler. There is a decent bit of buildup on some of the oil lines. We've had it parked in the same spot for a week now and there's no drips on the driveway so it's not a severe leak [yet].

Probably not so ask. SOP these days is to do a fluid exchange only with the TransFlow machine. I've done it twice, once at the dealer, once in my driveway with no ill effects. Promised myself I'll change it out the next time at 200K! LOL

I called 2 more dealers to get flush quotes and one was a bit cheaper at $160 and the other was nearly double at $300. And nope, they don't include the filter - that's only done with a drain and fill. So you can either get all the fluid out and have an old filter, or a new filter but only change ~1/3 of the fluid. I'm still leaning towards the flush.

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggested retailers for parts/and fluid?

and is it recommended to use ACDelco fluids or is any reputable brand OK?

Regarding the front diff's 80W90, the OE fluid seems to be conventional. Is it worth replacing that with synthetic?

OP
OP
NOSOK

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also unless it has service records you are going to want to just maintenance everything, flush all the fluids, change the heater hoses and "t's", brakes, plugs/wires. typical stuff then you know you have done pretty much all you can to keep it running good.

@Doubeleive are there specific hoses/connections that are prone to failure? The hoses with the metal attachments seem like a real pain to remove.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive are there specific hoses/connections that are prone to failure? The hoses with the metal attachments seem like a real pain to remove.
the heater hoses that go into and out of the passenger side firewall are prone to failure after about 10 years, they are plastic T's connected to a molded hose with a plastic fitting, the lines going into the firewall and leading to the rear heater core are aluminum. the easiest way to replace them is to break the plastic part off with some long needle nose pliers, once you have all the plastic pieces off the new T"s and hoses will clip right on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442