Input or advice from others on cam swap for 6.2L 2011 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CassiusClay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do this for a living and get tons of feedback, all positive. I am doing a stage 3 l92 vvt right now in a regular cab short box, it should be an absolute freak for what it is, being a little 2 wheel drive.
It still sounds like a nice size cam, don't worry at all about that. It is for sure more on the aggressive side than the tiny cam side, it is very noticeable.
It really makes sense when you think about it. Racers have been installing cams advance or retarded for years, depending on tracks and the power range they are looking for. Traditional cams are a middle of the road as a default, then cam designers make them more advanced for heavy vehicles, and more retarded for lightweight vehicles that need less help getting going.

I do this for a living and get tons of feedback, all positive. I am doing a stage 3 l92 vvt right now in a regular cab short box, it should be an absolute freak for what it is, being a little 2 wheel drive.
It still sounds like a nice size cam, don't worry at all about that. It is for sure more on the aggressive side than the tiny cam side, it is very noticeable.
It really makes sense when you think about it. Racers have been installing cams advance or retarded for years, depending on tracks and the power range they are looking for. Traditional cams are a middle of the road as a default, then cam designers make them more advanced for heavy vehicles, and more retarded for lightweight vehicles that need less help getting going.
With these cams you start off fully advanced off idle, then it progressely retards the cam on a slope, all the way to when peak power is reached. You are getting the best of all 3 worlds.
good info, thanks

CassiusClay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fabulous! The heads on the L92/L94 flow so well that it's silly not to take full advantage of it.

Well, I suppose there is nothing keeping me from going back to VVT someday. I don't welcome the prospect of tearing back into it, so I'll probably leave it as-is for some time. But it's great for others to have this info to make more informed decisions with as they go, so thank you for taking the time to share your expertise and knowledge with us! I'll update my cam swap thread with this info also as I know a lot of people have referred to it in making their decisions.
day one member here, should have joined a long time ago! thanks to all!

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info added to my original query! I hit the pause button my that part of my upgrade. Build due to not getting all parties (shops) to agree the best path forward.

Congrats on your cam purchase/build btw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98