Inner fender rubs on tires, is there a replacement for larger wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running 305/50x20 tires on stock 20" wheels. I drilled a few holes in that plastic piece referred to in the above posts, and I inserted push pins, just like the ones already holding the inner fender liner piece, into those holes, and that was enough movement in the fender liner to provide about 1/4" clearance. Done!

MrTravelDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on your tire and wheel combo and clearance between tire and OUTER fender you can install a spacer between the rotor and wheel.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, my '07 Yukon SLT came new with the 20" wheel and 275/55 tire option. They rubbed lightly at full lock for the first 100K or so. Eventually, they only rubbed when I put fresh rubber on. Now they don't rub at all. Maybe time for bigger tires. :)

OP
OP
G

GREGB1954

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, my '07 Yukon SLT came new with the 20" wheel and 275/55 tire option. They rubbed lightly at full lock for the first 100K or so. Eventually, they only rubbed when I put fresh rubber on. Now they don't rub at all. Maybe time for bigger tires. :)
Yes, I have something to look forward to! 99,920 miles to go! Another option is just don't turn the wheels hard.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that if for some reason you do get wheel spacers to make sure they are “hub centric.” You can have some problems if they’re “lug centric.” I’ve had 2” hub centric spacers for a few years now that I re-torque during each tire rotation and they’ve always been solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts