Inner fender rubs on tires, is there a replacement for larger wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GREGB1954

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I just put slightly oversized wheels and tires on our 2007 Tahoe. Actually, they are stock 20" wheels and tires off a 2021 Tahoe. They rub slightly on the front on hard turns. Does someone sell an aftermarket liner that can solve this problem?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I just customized mine to accept my aggressive stance. You’ll have to cut the plastic baking plate and recommend heating the rear of the liner to mold it to the new cut. If that makes sense.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Oops...not sure how that other picture showed up.

OP
OP
G

GREGB1954

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just customized mine to accept my aggressive stance. You’ll have to cut the plastic baking plate and recommend heating the rear of the liner to mold it to the new cut. If that makes sense.
Not sure what you mean by "cut the plastic backing plate". I have not removed the inner fender. Is the backing plate behind the inner fender that would prevent the inner fender from being stretched away from the tire? Thanks for your response.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Yes, there is hard plastic behind the liner that can easily be cut with a sawzall. I can take a picture later tonight unless someone else has one.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Here’s the under side of the front of the front fender (you don’t need to cut it as extremely as I did as that was a previous cut and before I joined this awesome group where I found the remolding by heat method). After I cut it, I heated the rear of the liner (so you don’t accidentally melt the part that shows) and used a large clamp to clamp it overnight to let it cool into the new position. I used one screw to definitely hold it into place (I don’t think you need to do that however). I probably shaved 2-3”off as I have a pretty aggressive stance.

DBAE8BED-0901-455D-923D-384532779C15.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33