Injector cleaning at 30k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Not unless you’re having symptoms, such as rough idle, hard starting, etc.

And if you do, buy a couple of bottles of Techron and clean them yourself. I’m not a fan of additives in general, but that stuff is well documented to actually clean fuel systems and injectors. I’ve used it with success to clear sticky injectors.

It’s a frequent upsell item at dealerships. Whether needed or not.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @Bill 1960 said. I know Techron does work. I also get my fuel at a Chevron and know that the mid range fuel does have that additive in it. I use their mid range for going on 26 years now with no problems.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this even close to necessary at this point?

Dealer recommended it during an oil change/tire rotation today.

The answer is no. I just turned 104K miles today and never did it. In fact never put in any type of additives in my Hoe. Idles good and runs like the day I bought it back in 2016. I use Mobil 87 fuel 99% of the time.

If the additive people depended on me they would be out of business.

With that said I do hear my service advisor recommending this service to everyone who comes in. Since I take care of him when Christmas comes around he does not harass me to do it. As I recall the dealer charges around 250 bucks to do it.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer is no. I just turned 104K miles today and never did it. In fact never put in any type of additives in my Hoe. Idles good and runs like the day I bought it back in 2016. I use Mobil 87 fuel 99% of the time.

If the additive people depended on me they would be out of business.

With that said I do hear my service advisor recommending this service to everyone who comes in. Since I take care of him when Christmas comes around he does not harass me to do it. As I recall the dealer charges around 250 bucks to do it.

119k on my 2016 had since new. Never had it done either. Keep good gas in it and go. Its all up sell like others have said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr