Infotainment System - Movies from USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcyy

Reaction score
Am having a similar problem with using a thumb drive in my new Denali. Used the same stick in my 16 and 19 without any trouble but when plugged into the new usb the system will recognize the songs/artist/album but if you make the selection it will skip over to the next recorded playable song. Old drive formatted NTFS so I burnt a new stick in Fat32 format -same thing. Happens on about 20% of 200+ songs. I'm lost Any help?

p1zaul

Reaction score
I have had success formatting sd cards to fat32 and putting one movie per card. I bought a while bunch of used 4gb sd cards for next to nothing on eBay. Now I just pop in whichever card and it just starts playing. Super simple and seems to work perfectly.

dcyy

Reaction score
Am having a similar problem with using a thumb drive in my new Denali. Used the same stick in my 16 and 19 without any trouble but when plugged into the new usb the system will recognize the songs/artist/album but if you make the selection it will skip over to the next recorded playable song. Old drive formatted NTFS so I burnt a new stick in Fat32 format -same thing. Happens on about 20% of 200+ songs. I'm lost Any help?
After further trial/error I found out that the thumb drive formatted in Fat32 is not the problem-it's how the song was recorded. In my case most of the non playable songs were in a WMA format. I had to go into their specific file and convert from WMA to MP3 or 4 and then re-record to thumb drive-Now they are recognized and play as intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons