Infotainment software reprogramming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Quick question.
I have got the 2022 GMC Yukon which I bought in Qatar.
This unit came with local, Middle East software version which displays km/h for the speed, km/l fuel consumption, etc
I am moving to the US and would like to update the software to the US version to display correct units.
Can it be done at any dealership across the US?

Thanks a lot,
Dom

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for certain, but I would lean towards no, though. You would probably be better off selling the truck and buying a US spec one when you get here. I want to say there may be physical differences with some of the modules because I think the radio frequencies are different overseas and there isn't satellite radio that I'm aware.

OP
OP
N4865G

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, sounds like a good advice.
Dom

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would think in the settings panel on the instrument cluster there is a preference for Units. I know my US model has that...when I crossed the border into Canada, I switched it to Metric...and switched back to English units upon return, so the speedo worked correctly

OP
OP
N4865G

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.
Mine does not have this option unfortunately.
Dom

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.
Mine does not have this option unfortunately.
Dom
have you checked to be sure you can import it? if it doesn't have the epa equipment, etc then it's going to be a potential headache and that can matter down to the state level.
aside from that I would imagine worst case scenario you may have to change a module or cluster if the software cannot be changed.

OP
OP
N4865G

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Important points.
My logic is that the truck manufactured in Texas would be in compliance with US regulations, even if they program the infotainment module to display different units.
I would have to dig deeper into it.
Thanks again,
Dom