Infotainment screen lock up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone experienced a lock up of their infotainment screen? Mine was displaying the chevy symbol on the screen and nothing came up on the screen during a 15-20 minute drive the other day. No music...nothing. Just a chevy symbol. I stopped the engine at a red light and restarted in an attempt to reboot it, but it booted to the black screen that time and never displayed anything. parked it in the garage overnight and everything booted up fine the next day and has since. Just is not very encouraging that the screen was acting up already.

Sonny2022

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About two weeks ago, I went out in the morning to start my vehicle (2022 Yukon Denali; 6.2L) and the electronics were having a seizure. All of the warning lights were on; had a "service infotainment" message; and it was cycling "[collision alert/cameras/parking assist/etc.] disabled." Then, it wouldn't turn over when I tried to start the engine. On the second attempt, the entire system shut down and the battery was completely dead. The vehicle wouldn't even receive the lock/unlock from my clicker.

I used the GMC App and called for roadside to jump the battery and about 25 minutes later the vehicle was running again and none of the above errors, etc. were present. Everything is back to normal (save for autostop, which is actually nice because I don't have to disengage it every time I start it up anymore). My guess, because I never took it to the dealership, is that there was just a software glitch that caused something (e.g., radio, etc.) to stay on overnight and/or something else related to the technology guts of the vehicle, which was essentially "reset" when the battery died. Seems like something similar happened to you, but it just reset because the vehicle was off for an extended period of time (overnight). I'm not sure the vehicle really "turns off" when you quickly turn it off and on.

All the tech is great, but when it doesn't work, and the whole vehicle is built on that foundation, it is very annoying. GMC is definitely still firmly in the "car manufacturer" category, compared to the likes of like a Tesla, who I would consider a "technology company that makes simple cars." Hopefully, GMC can begin to dedicate more resources to the technology side of its business as that is the way things are going. From what I have seen so far, I don't think I could really trust SuperCruise, or whatever they are calling their FSD on the Sierra/Escalades.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Sonny2022 Could be a weak or defective battery. That may be why the Auto Stop/Start is not firing, as there are sensors where if the electrical load is too high for the battery to support, it won’t auto stop. I’d have the battery tested (by the dealer, preferably); just to rule that out.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides waiting (and praying), anyone know how to reboot the Infotainment 3 center? I've tried a variety of button combinations and nothing works.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: seems ok today. I ended up turning off the truck for about 30 minutes, just long enough for all the electronics to fully shut down. Started it up again and Zero problems. It's soooo odd.

What's concerning is that I tried calling Onstar while it was *****. Sadly and no surprise, I couldn't hear anything bc the radio volume was previously turned down. So while Onstar was called, I couldn't hear anything. The concern is if there was an emergency situation, then I'd get no feed back from them. I don't know if they were getting any input from me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons