Infotainment not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mulligan5656

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all - I’ve had my 2022 Yukon for about 4 months and this morning I started1796E7D5-DBEB-425A-B387-916BAEC04E83.jpeg it up pulled out of the driveway and was driving down the road when I noticed the infotainment screen never fired up. On the screen it says ‘Turn Your Engine On. Your system has restarted. The engine must be turned on to access your personal information’. No buttons to push, no way for me to get into settings. I tried the home button on the dash and that isn’t doing anything either. I’ve restarted my car several times and no change - same message.

Anyone have this happen to them? Any idea how to reset?

Mike

2022rst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all - I’ve had my 2022 Yukon for about 4 months and this morning I startedView attachment 367080 it up pulled out of the driveway and was driving down the road when I noticed the infotainment screen never fired up. On the screen it says ‘Turn Your Engine On. Your system has restarted. The engine must be turned on to access your personal information’. No buttons to push, no way for me to get into settings. I tried the home button on the dash and that isn’t doing anything either. I’ve restarted my car several times and no change - same message.

Anyone have this happen to them? Any idea how to reset?

Mike
I'm having the same problem. Any solution besides disconnecting the battery?

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened here? I'm having similar issues but only mine is not getting past the black background with the Chevy bowtie. Similar though, I have no digital controls like audio, GPS, trailering, etc. My driver dash simply says Information Unavailable. How can I restart or reboot it?

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: seems ok today. I ended up turning off the truck for about 30 minutes, just long enough for all the electronics to fully shut down. Started it up again and Zero problems. It's soooo odd.

What's concerning is that I tried calling Onstar while it was *****. Sadly and no surprise, I couldn't hear anything bc the radio volume was previously turned down. So while Onstar was called, I couldn't hear anything. The concern is if there was an emergency situation, then I'd get no feed back from them. I don't know if they were getting any input from me at all.

specwar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Just happened to my 22 Denali. Never seen this before, and it happens a couple days after it was in the shop checking a couple other intermittent issues we had with the lift gate and rear view mirror camera.

racertrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the short answer is this system is a pos. I continue to have problems with my MY 16 Tahoe. Looking for better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins