Infotainment "Browse" Function Disabled While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmer Fudd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am new but certainly not new to Chev/GMC trucks and SUV's (since 1984). Just brought home a 2021 Tahoe. This is actually my 3rd infotainment system but the first with this feature. The BROWSE touch button on the screen disables and greys out once the truck begins to move. If I touch it I get a message saying it is disabled while driving. I understand this maybe the latest "safety" feature, but it seems silly when there are 17 million other buttons in the SUV that do work while driving.....

I know I can use voice command - but only if I have something particular in mind. BROWSE means just that, to look at what is available. I don't like this one bit. Anyone have a work around????

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our infotainment works while driving in a Yukon. I can browse, go through my apps, change music, etc. Its essentially the same system in both models.

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am new but certainly not new to Chev/GMC trucks and SUV's (since 1984). Just brought home a 2021 Tahoe. This is actually my 3rd infotainment system but the first with this feature. The BROWSE touch button on the screen disables and greys out once the truck begins to move. If I touch it I get a message saying it is disabled while driving. I understand this maybe the latest "safety" feature, but it seems silly when there are 17 million other buttons in the SUV that do work while driving.....

I know I can use voice command - but only if I have something particular in mind. BROWSE means just that, to look at what is available. I don't like this one bit. Anyone have a work around????
I just checked and I’m able to use the browse option while I’m driving. You may want to check your settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345