Info on huge 2wd lift kit on 40's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would look worlds better with some better wheels and tires and some detailing! Nice platform to start with

slick2500

Reaction score
I never understood the point in lifting a 2wd truck. I also don't understand half the crap people do to their cars but to each their own I guess.

OP
OP
J

JIMBOB2O2O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20160202_173936.jpg Here is a better picture of the rear.
I also have a 2000 nbs z71, so I'll have to look at it tomorrow and compare.
I am more worried about the front end, since I have pushed both sides of the bumper up past the trim piece, almost to the fenders, and that was just from reversing too fast. These tires are 39.5/18/12.5, bald as can be. I'm kind worried about getting good 37's because they will be almost the same size
IMG_20160202_175031.jpg

OP
OP
J

JIMBOB2O2O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some 37/13.5/17's are coming soon, can't wait for that. I wish I had the money for some 22-24" rims, but I bet the rims would cost more than I paid for this thing, let alone the tires!!!
I washed it last weekend, but it rained immediately after, so that was useless. If you think the outside is bad, wait till I post pics of the inside, it's most of the reason I got the thing for less that $1500.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Damn that's cheap! Yeah some forces cost $2800 in 22x12 unless you're a dealer for them. Main issue would be gearbox and idler pitman arm plus hub on front end.

slick2500

Reaction score
Some 37/13.5/17's are coming soon, can't wait for that. I wish I had the money for some 22-24" rims, but I bet the rims would cost more than I paid for this thing, let alone the tires!!!
I washed it last weekend, but it rained immediately after, so that was useless. If you think the outside is bad, wait till I post pics of the inside, it's most of the reason I got the thing for less that $1500.
Dang that's a steal.

OP
OP
J

JIMBOB2O2O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the kid was high, or what, but when he said the price, I pulled out the cash and handed to him as fast as I could do he didn't reconsider!!!
The trans is slipping bad on the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts, but I'm not too worried about that right now. Between my tax return and the supra I'm selling, I should be able to get tires and look into a rebuilt or used trans.

OP
OP
J

JIMBOB2O2O

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never understood the point in lifting a 2wd truck. I also don't understand half the crap people do to their cars but to each their own I guess.
I do have a 2000 z71, I'm considering swapping everything on to that so it is 4wd. Or just SAS swap it to make it a true wheeling rig.

Allen Buchanan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, THANKS for posting a picture of your truck. If you happen to have any more pics please send me more pics of the steering. I am installing a 12-inch Bulletproof Lift for a customer on his 05 Tahoe. The lift came with no instructions. I have emailed the company twice as well as my customer. My customer has also tried calling them, nope, no response on instructions. We have 2 4x4 shops here in town, neither one of them will install this lift on a truck. But, they will install the small lifts which no one will buy. The company will not even give me the paperwork to become a dealer. If you still have the truck or know anyone who may have this 10 to 12-inch Bulletproof Lift on theirs. Please send me pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe