In the process of buying a 2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fastscirocco

fastscirocco

Reaction score
Hope you love yours as I do mine. Only 2 weeks into owning a 2014 Yukon D XL and its so nice.

Yes, just a few weeks in now and we're loving it.
Between cub scouts and my kid's friends we are really enjoying the added space.

Love the growl of the 6.2 ....... trying to decide if/when to AFM delete and tune it.
I made the mistake of watching videos of te 6.2 with a supercharger! ;-)

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Before you tune, dial in your suspension and make your final wheel/tire choice. Brake choice is a good starting point. You can see the cause and effect on upcoming mods if realistic braking is done first.

Unlike a tune, the brakes and suspension can get you out of trouble as well as make the ride amazing 100% of the time. The tune is good for momentary adrenaline.

When the brakes, suspension and tune are committed to a plan, you can schedule the upgrades into planned maintenance. This saves dough, especially if you have a shop do the upgrades. If you commit hard enough you can shop the holiday sales and classifieds for the parts.

The goal in all of this is making sure you don’t end up with redundancy in upgrade stages. If you later want a resale that’s built to recoup all or more than you invested, it’s possible. That’s where shopping the hell out of your parts comes into play as well as integrating your regular service labor into upgrade labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts