In The Market For 2015-2019 Tahoe LTZ or LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

KJ82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys. Quick update! I found a 2018 LT Luxury Package Tahoe w/ 10k miles. I must say that even though it wasn't a Premiere, I'm beyond pleased and happy with my Tahoe!

On another note. I can definitely use better lighting when it comes to my headlamps and fog lights. Anyone with any links from here? Also are LEDs better than HIDs? I'm seeing that LEDs are becoming more common.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys. Quick update! I found a 2018 LT Luxury Package Tahoe w/ 10k miles. I must say that even though it wasn't a Premiere, I'm beyond pleased and happy with my Tahoe!

On another note. I can definitely use better lighting when it comes to my headlamps and fog lights. Anyone with any links from here? Also are LEDs better than HIDs? I'm seeing that LEDs are becoming more common.
2017. Replaced low/high/fog all leds. Don’t remember brands, but Amazon and autozone were my go tos.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find on your 2018 LT Luxury Package with 10K miles. That is definitely hard to find. I assume you have all service records.

I am extremely suspicious of very low mileage vehicles unless someone can prove to me the backstory on the vehicle. But that is just me. As you can see I am not a trusting person.

OP
OP
K

KJ82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice find on your 2018 LT Luxury Package with 10K miles. That is definitely hard to find. I assume you have all service records.

I am extremely suspicious of very low mileage vehicles unless someone can prove to me the backstory on the vehicle. But that is just me. As you can see I am not a trusting person.
I definitely agree with what you stated. I bought my Tahoe from a GMC dealer. The same dealer where the first owner purchased it from. All paperwork on hand. But believe me. I was skeptical too.

Reaction score

The OEM halogens that came with my 2018 were downright atrocious and borderline dangerous. I only swapped out the regular/lowbeams with these LEDs from Amazon and it was an enormous improvement. It's plug-and-play, so there was no fuss, and as easy as can be.

OP
OP
K

KJ82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The OEM halogens that came with my 2018 were downright atrocious and borderline dangerous. I only swapped out the regular/lowbeams with these LEDs from Amazon and it was an enormous improvement. It's plug-and-play, so there was no fuss, and as easy as can be.
How about the fog lights?

Reaction score
How about the fog lights?
Sorry, no input to offer there - I left the fogs OEM because I never even turn them on. On my old car, I was able to leave them on, so when the headlights were on, the fogs were also already on, but since I have to manually toggle the fogs each time in the Tahoe, I never end up using them.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no input to offer there - I left the fogs OEM because I never even turn them on. On my old car, I was able to leave them on, so when the headlights were on, the fogs were also already on, but since I have to manually toggle the fogs each time in the Tahoe, I never end up using them.
It is easy to add a fuse extension with a relay powered off of the low beams to have fogs on all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14