in need of stock rear springs and shocks asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
so i don't know what the odds are someone has stock springs and shocks, mainly springs for a Tahoe/Yukon nnbs laying around that would either ship or happen to live near the panhandle area of florida (Pensacola, destin, lower Alabama, etc) that they would let me get and use for testing. reason being, i recently bought a 2008 Yukon slt, came with comfort ride suspension stock. idk if the previous owner changed out the rear springs for hd springs and shocks, suburban springs, etc but its about an 1.5" higher that any other Yukon ive measured in the rear, plus it rides very soft upfront (stock struts with 136k miles) but the rear is like a giant brick. no flex, springs hardly move, etc etc. no its not autoride or air. going to be doing a 3/5 drop next few months, but wouldn't mind testing out some known good stock springs to verify measurements prior to lowering and to verify I'm in deed not crazy......

side note, if someone lives near by and has stock spring in there truck and would let me just swap for a day id be down for that as well since they are fairly quick and easy to pull. id do all labor for both of course.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i don't know what the odds are someone has stock springs and shocks, mainly springs for a Tahoe/Yukon nnbs laying around that would either ship or happen to live near the panhandle area of florida (Pensacola, destin, lower Alabama, etc) that they would let me get and use for testing. reason being, i recently bought a 2008 Yukon slt, came with comfort ride suspension stock. idk if the previous owner changed out the rear springs for hd springs and shocks, suburban springs, etc but its about an 1.5" higher that any other Yukon ive measured in the rear, plus it rides very soft upfront (stock struts with 136k miles) but the rear is like a giant brick. no flex, springs hardly move, etc etc. no its not autoride or air. going to be doing a 3/5 drop next few months, but wouldn't mind testing out some known good stock springs to verify measurements prior to lowering and to verify I'm in deed not crazy......

side note, if someone lives near by and has stock spring in there truck and would let me just swap for a day id be down for that as well since they are fairly quick and easy to pull. id do all labor for both of course.

No part numbers on the springs? You can plug your VIN in at ACDelco's website and see what should be there. You can use OEMCats website to see part number changes/updates over the years.

Do you have ZW7 without G65?

OP
OP
C

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
swathdiver, that's correct on the RPO codes, haven't looked super super close at springs to see any markings but there wasn't anything easily readable. have to get a rag and flashlight and really wipe them down and search i guess. just seems odd, the fronts soft(like super soft from worn 136k mile struts and springs) to brick crap house in the back with zero flex lol

OP
OP
C

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
so finally got a minute and climbed under her with a light, degreaser and rag and wiped the rear springs clean as can be. zero stampings, marks, etc. just black coils. no tags or anything either. guess that rules out ID'ing what these are. still up for snagging some used stockers if someone has a set nearby. thanks for the help

OP
OP
C

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
yea i disconnected them and made zero different. shocks only make effect when the springs will actually flex lol. these turds are bricks. anywho, got an invoice from tony yesterday...new suspension coming in soonish and well get this turd fixed up anyways

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previous owner might have used it for towing and put stiffer springs on it. There are about 5 different OEM springs for your vehicle.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know your after cheap used ones for testing but im just going to toss this out. rockauto has the lighter basic duty rear springs for 48 bucks for a pair plus shipping and tax its only like 62 bucks. you can probably sell them after your done for 40 bucks or something and your only out 20 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9