In desperate search of 04-14 model Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We found one worthy <06 in 2014 in AZ. After comparing the features, options and resale of the NBS vs NNBS we went with a 96k miles used 08 Denali XL AWD instead of the 06 Denali XL AWD.

The prices on the NBS had bottomed out in 14 and paying almost $17k for the 1 owner 06 Denali w/ 79k in excellent condition, in red, maxed with every option was too much due to the depreciation we knew was coming.

Purchasing the loaded 08 for $19.5k w/ a (later added) $2.4k service contract (S/C) was the best choice for quality, reliability, features and performance. It sold last May for almost $12k w/ 140k clicks on the clock after 7 years of ownership. The S/C paid for over $15k of service & repairs and got us top resale value.

Take your time, plan on driving out of state to nail a NNBS unicorn truck. The weak point of the best 08 & 09 NNBS XL 6.2L trucks is the paint and the dash cracking. 2WD 6.2L 08 & 09 Denali XL are the most sought after due to no AWD to serv/maintain and no AFM on the motor.

The same goes for the 08 & 09 Escalade similarly equipped in short or long wheel base (ESV). The Esky Platinum tricoat paint is thicker and doesn’t peel and the dash is leather covered so it doesn’t crack. This is why we pounced on our 09 Esky Plat AWD w/ 132K clicks for $14k last Feb in TX and drove it back to CA. It also has the one year only no AFM flex fuel 6.2L motor, a/c front seats, 1st year for LED head lamps, factory 22’s DVD in headrests + 2 in the roof & power running boards.

When new, they stickered for $82k. By paying another $2.5k to trade the Denali XL for the Esky we got rid of weak points of the Chevy/GMC dash cracking and remedied paint failure.

Look for an 08/09 2WD Denali or Esky. Hire an independent tech to inspect it b4 you drive/fly out to best negotiate the price. Don’t purchase from MaMa/PaPa small dealers known to run scams as regular businesses practice. Enjoy the truck for a good 2-300k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Own an ‘07 Yukon Denali with roughly 160k miles and I live in the rust belt. No complaints really.

Engine, Tranny, Diffs, TCase all original with no foreseeable problems. No AFM on my engine to worry about. Some needed replacements include:

1. Audio receiver (gave me a good excuse to put in an amp and subs as well ;)). Gotta have music.
2. Rear shocks and front struts (bypassed autoride)
3. One rear door latch (looks like I’ll be fixing one more)
4. Parking brake cable
5. Front impact sensors

Been a solid truck in my opinion.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
techswabbie, still out there? In the 06 Denali purchased in ‘14 or did you purchase a NNBS chassis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission