I'm preparing to rebuilding my 2007 tahoe LTZ from bumper to bumper.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no way you can do everything you want for $10 k, probably more like $20k. And agreed that there’s no need to drop a crate engine in if yours is still strong.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO I would be hard pressed to spend $10k on a truck from 07. Just my two cents, I would rather upgrade and save yourself the headache. But that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not everyone considers a newer vehicle an upgrade. $10k is FAR cheaper than a new one.

Especially if you like the vehicle you have.

I know I'll spend way over 10k on my 09 LTZ, hell I could spend most of that on the L9H, haha. Since mine is kind of rare, and I absolutely love it, I wouldn't blink an eye spending over 10k honestly. This is especially true now that I've seen the 2021

Last edited:

Liftedtahoejunkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive put 10k+ under mine. Replaced entire rearend, all drive shafts, shift motor,hubs,lifters replaced,new coils,shocks,struts,etc...etc
..everytime i go ride i break something. My wife isnt happy when i do lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially if you like the vehicle you have.

I know I'll spend way over 10k on my 09 LTZ, hell I could spend most of that on the L9H, haha. Since mine is kind of rare, and I absolutely love it, I wouldn't blink an eye spending over 10k honestly. This is especially true now that I've seen the 2021

I put way more than 10K into my 2007 Yukon XL Denali. A 2nd row bench seat to replace buckets shortly after I purchased from my work at 100K, a crate motor at 150K, a reman tranny at 160K, a new transfer case at 260K, a new cam and lifters, and a front diff at 272K. Everytime, when I did the math, it was cheaper than buying a new vehicle. At 300K, made a foolish mistake and traded it in. That was a decision that I regret to this day.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO I would be hard pressed to spend $10k on a truck from 07. Just my two cents, I would rather upgrade and save yourself the headache. But that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent $10k on the supercharger and brakes on my 02 alone. Add another 5k for the rest of the performance upgrades I did as well. It just depends on the individual, and what is desired. There’s worse things to spend money on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan