I'm looking for a stock GMT-900 Y-pipe with cats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. I'm looking for a stock 2007/2014 Y pipe with cats.

If it's not for sale, that'll work I'll ship it back and pay for what it cost to ship it to me. Basically, borrow it for a week or two.

I just need measurements for a jig/fixture.

Thanks

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in NC are you? I have the Y pipe off my '09 with now empty cats. I'm in East TN just off I40 in Baneberry. Mine fits the 6 speed transmission. I replaced it when the two upper cats collapsed. The guy who did the work cut it apart so he didn't have to drop the crossmember but it's complete.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Eastern NC in MHC by Atlantic Beach. I'm literally at the very end of 24.
I didn't think about the transmission, mine is a 4 speed. Is there much of a difference between the two if any?
Honestly, I am hoping for one that has not been cut up for measurement purposes and layout of bolt holes making sure they're all in the correct locations.
If it would work I'd be up for it. I'm sure I could configure it the correct way.
I'd like to confirm that it would work with a 4 spd before hand.
EDIT: another difference is mine only has 2 cats, one on each bank. I'm not sure if it'll work.

Last edited:

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two Y pipes are fairly different because the 6 speed is larger and the pipes have to clear it. I know because the Y pipe I bought turned out to be for the 4 speed and I couldn't make it work. By a stroke of luck I found a guy in Newport who could do it right away. Not only that but he's the top builder of custom exhaust for the high dollar hot rods. My newly adapted pipe is a work of art and yeah, only has two cats.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy I thought I was the only high dollar custom exhaust builder around here haha j/k. Though that is what I do I'm relatively new to the area and don't know many people or have attempted to advertise.
Can you share who built it for you? That's right next door to me.

Thank you I appreciate the info

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy I thought I was the only high dollar custom exhaust builder around here haha j/k. Though that is what I do I'm relatively new to the area and don't know many people or have attempted to advertise.
Can you share who built it for you? That's right next door to me.

Thank you I appreciate the info
Performance Exhaust
644 US-25W, Newport, TN 37821

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performance Exhaust
644 US-25W, Newport, TN 37821
Thank You, I appreciate that.
If anything, it would be nice to meet other fabricators around here.

Oh sh*t, your in TN. Thats funny because there is a Newport next Morehead where I live. I thought you were referring to Newport NC.
Scratch that, I do appreciate the info though.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would the 6 speed one fit on the 4 speed. seems like it might since the tranny is smaller, and then you only have to jig up for the 4 cat 6 speed and it fit all the years.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly not sure but that does make sense since the 6 spd is a larger transmission.
I wish I new someone with an 09+ to get a visual.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would the 6 speed one fit on the 4 speed. seems like it might since the tranny is smaller, and then you only have to jig up for the 4 cat 6 speed and it fit all the years.
There are 3 cats. Two where the older ones are and a third after the Y. It makes sense that if it fits the 6 speed it would fit the four as after the Y the exhaust goes over the crossmember and out past all the same obstacles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts