I'm in the market and Advice is needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service records show ordinary items and the accident seems minor though you may want to check color match on right front. 3700 is a good price for what you’ll get as long as no leaks from both ends trans or engine. I assume the dealer is doing regular service before buying? Pics would help but you can see cosmetics and interior buttons and switches check them all

OP
OP
N9Shane

N9Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drove it today and the drive train felt shaky and a bit wobbly when turning and there was a lot of rust!
Thanks for the help guys I'm going to avoid the yukon! cheers

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call. Just saying if you have your heart set on another 4runner, its only about $500-$700 to ship one across the country. Roughly $100 to get an inspection done by a mechanic before you have it shipped.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a $3,700 dollar amount for this 2003, consider the money saved on a very new version, you could invest into transmission / engine issues and still save money? I am glad I got a 4 WD instead of AWD ( from what I read about AWD)..... My 6 month old 140,000 mile, 2005 Yukon XL SLT 4WD was well serviced & well taken care of.

Before buying it I checked the service record through the GMC dealer and all scheduled work & early warranty stuff was done. There was no "evidence" of UN-documented work underneath it. ( There was no rust either)

So, have it checked well, by your trusted mechanic... It could be a good deal!!!

( Up-date)..... I read your latest post..... I did notice the rust in some of the photos...

If that was the case, as you said..... run away!!