I'm having a little trouble finding the right replacement Driver side mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance company is mailing a check.

I ordered a mirror from ebay. It's from a different colored truck, but I have the colored panel from ours.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the glove box decal. 152c0a82e41d8886114a6f14d3a2a62f.jpg

Yukon Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 Suburban 1500 Z71

Driver's mirror was vandalized. I'm figuring on replacing myself and taking the check from the insurance company.

Junk yards around me are trash. It seems that her mirror has every option. I'm having trouble finding the right mirror online.

She has:
Turn signal chevron
defrost
power folding
auto-dimming (I think)

I hate trying to guess and order something. Is there a way I can get the exact GM part number and maybe cross it for replacements?
I went through the same thing. I ended up ordering a mirror from 1aauto.com. I ordered the wrong one. I called and they got me straightened out and sent the correct one. They credited me for the first one and told me not to bother sending it back. What a deal! So I went ahead and ordered one for each side, since the old girl has 310,000 miles on her. The new ones were a perfect fit.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the same thing. I ended up ordering a mirror from 1aauto.com. I ordered the wrong one. I called and they got me straightened out and sent the correct one. They credited me for the first one and told me not to bother sending it back. What a deal! So I went ahead and ordered one for each side, since the old girl has 310,000 miles on her. The new ones were a perfect fit.

I just went through some stuff with 1A with a set of headlights. They sent me another pair and said keep the ones they sent and if possible donate them to a local tech/automotive school if possible. I had to respect that, you don't hear that much.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years ago we bought online, a nice media cabinet for our 60" TV. It had an electric fireplace in it. ( $900.00)
It arrived with a bad door hinge & a piece of slate-stone decor, was not quite centered.

They said I could send it back. ( A hassle for me).... They will send a replacement ....
They said, " just keep it".... We'll send you a replacement..... ( Sell the original?)
They said, " We'll refund the money - If you just keep it / fix it"
So, I got it for free.
These companies are not set up to receive & store new or used products.
They rather let you keep it. it is easier & cheaper for them....
These companies are only designed to ship out stuff.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the OP’s 2001 burb has DL3 factory optioned mirrors. I thought that didn’t start til 2003. I’ve never seen a pre 2003 truck with DL3 from the factory.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the OP’s 2001 burb has DL3 factory optioned mirrors. I thought that didn’t start til 2003. I’ve never seen a pre 2003 truck with DL3 from the factory.
2004. Not sure why I typed 2001. Although my Tahoe is 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts