I'm Curious- Luggage Racks On Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re-read what? Do you not know what a pickup bed is? Why do you need a luggage rack when you have a pickup bed? Nobody is going to mount a luggage rack on a bed cover, because then its in the elements. If your bed is that full, and you still have luggage to add too, then you're going to remove the cover and use a tarp to cover it, or you get a cap. For you to be able to mount a luggage rack to a cover, it would have to be a hard cover. Hard covers are securable. What do you just have enough room for in the bed that you want to secure, that you would take with you and your luggage, yet don't want to secure your luggage? You also shouldn't need your luggage while driving, so when you are done you can secure it in the cab or take it with you. I promise, its not a practical idea.

This post is another example. Learn to read for comprehension. Your rantings have nothing to do with the meaningor intent of my question.

joe

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty rare option but you are able to get them. I haven't sold any, just on suvs.

I've never seen one. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I saw an Avalanche with a short shell/topper/whatever on it. It sure caught my eye.

joe

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your thinking of a tonneau cover rack then.
Yes they make those also. One of our company trucks had one.
Ridgelander1_800x.jpg

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ridgelander1_800x.jpg

Thanks. I've never seen anything like that. It looks pretty good.

Do I assume the tonneau is a solid piece, and that you can open it with the rack loaded?

joe

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen pickups w/ racks on their roof. (they are really rare, but they are around)
makes sense for long hauls or long term camping/excursions.

i've even seen a tonneau (that lifted straight up hydraulically) w/ rack mount.
as well as trucks (as posted above) w/ rack on bed topper(cap).
one in which covered roof & bed topper. i believe it was setup for a popup tent & pop out awning.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our truck the cover rolled back. Kind of like a roll away security gate you see in Malls.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post is another example. Learn to read for comprehension. Your rantings have nothing to do with the meaningor intent of my question.

joe
Okay dude. Is that all the response you have? Quit taking shit so personal, and responding like a child. Try having a grown-up conversation and responding with reasons why, and not just your butt-hurt feelings because I disagree with you. See if you can make an actual point next time.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don't get what the point of this would be. That's what the bed is for. You want to cut the storage space of the bed off so you can create more wind resistance???

If you want a luggage rack on a pickup, then you shouldn't be driving a pickup.

Sorry, Justin. You lose this round.

Here's my '06 Silverado
View attachment 224110

They make factory roof racks from gm, seen plenty of truck where I'm from that has them.

This is a link that sell's them.
https://www.shopgmcparts.com/cargo-...-rails-black-crew-cab/gm/19166253-p-1009.html

Ridgelander1_800x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts