I'm back! Fully Custom & Blacked Out 2017 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thank you Joey.

The sway bar really tightened up the rear end. It handles corners a lot better at any speed. Also made the rear end ride smoother.

I picked up the brake kit locally from the dealership, then sent it off to be recoated because the factory red color is ugly.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Thank you Joey.

The sway bar really tightened up the rear end. It handles corners a lot better at any speed. Also made the rear end ride smoother.

I picked up the brake kit locally from the dealership, then sent it off to be recoated because the factory red color is ugly.
Looking great! I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in Frisco/West Plano but make my way around.

I did the hotchkis front and rear MIT on my XL Denali and they're great. I had them on my 07 Subruban as well. You considering the front hotchkis bar?

I had a bit of an issue with the front bar... not sure why other than I think the bar may have been defective or something. I ordered from Amazon and it looked like the box had already been opened and one of the padded foam packing inserts was not there. I put it on anyhow as it looked fine. I was inspecting underneath today and was shocked to notice the passenger side bushing to the frame was torn and the end link bushing is on the passenger side were also basically destroyed... one on the lower control arm and the other on the upper sway bar end link connector. It was installed for one week. I'm sending it back and getting a refund. I've never seen this before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looking great! I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in Frisco/West Plano but make my way around.

I did the hotchkis front and rear MIT on my XL Denali and they're great. I had them on my 07 Subruban as well. You considering the front hotchkis bar?

I had a bit of an issue with the front bar... not sure why other than I think the bar may have been defective or something. I ordered from Amazon and it looked like the box had already been opened and one of the padded foam packing inserts was not there. I put it on anyhow as it looked fine. I was inspecting underneath today and was shocked to notice the passenger side bushing to the frame was torn and the end link bushing is on the passenger side were also basically destroyed... one on the lower control arm and the other on the upper sway bar end link connector. It was installed for one week. I'm sending it back and getting a refund. I've never seen this before.

Thanks man and you are close by to me!
I do not plan on doing the front bar. I just wanted the rear to lose the cornering sway it has always had, even after lowering.

I am suspecting that your bushing were not greased enough (or at all) for them to become so damaged so quickly. Do you know if they were?

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Thanks man and you are close by to me!
I do not plan on doing the front bar. I just wanted the rear to lose the cornering sway it has always had, even after lowering.

I am suspecting that your bushing were not greased enough (or at all) for them to become so damaged so quickly. Do you know if they were?
Sounds like we should meet up!

The bushings were greased well no question. It's a pretty easy job so nothing really out of the ordinary. I was shocked when I saw the bushings. I've never seen anything that bad. Was almost like they were binding. Busjlhings on the end links were chewed up completely and 2 of the 4 completely gone other than some dust. One frame mount bushing had the inner lip torn off.... again, only on the passenger side. Almost looks like it was being pulled to the passenger side.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sounds like we should meet up!

The bushings were greased well no question. It's a pretty easy job so nothing really out of the ordinary. I was shocked when I saw the bushings. I've never seen anything that bad. Was almost like they were binding. Busjlhings on the end links were chewed up completely and 2 of the 4 completely gone other than some dust. One frame mount bushing had the inner lip torn off.... again, only on the passenger side. Almost looks like it was being pulled to the passenger side.

We can sometime later this month after my vacation!
I honestly think the stock end links are very low quality. They don't look very strong.
On my last Tahoe, I had the shorter DJM end links for lowered SUVs, then custom Energy Suspension end links up front. Those energy links looked brand new even when I sold the SUV. I may do the same up front now.

The ride look kick ass

Thank you!

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
We can sometime later this month after my vacation!
I honestly think the stock end links are very low quality. They don't look very strong.
On my last Tahoe, I had the shorter DJM end links for lowered SUVs, then custom Energy Suspension end links up front. Those energy links looked brand new even when I sold the SUV. I may do the same up front now.

Thank you!
I'll PM you the pics... prepare to be amazed.
Btw... I'm on vacation end of this month so going to be after that [emoji41]

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you’re done, can I just buy you’re Yukon? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I'll PM you the pics... prepare to be amazed.
Btw... I'm on vacation end of this month so going to be after that [emoji41]

It's the perfect time of year!

When you’re done, can I just buy you’re Yukon? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I would not mind! I will have to wait circa a year or so though because I read that the next generation SUVs got pushed back until next Spring/Summer. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout