2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up impulse buying some other subs, so it looks like I'll be going with 15s instead

I had this box built last year for my Denali, and ended up selling it before using it

so now I'm paying out the ass for another builder to do it this year lol

big financial mistake

anyways, got a cool pic of the headlights and a little video of output

really hard to gauge output on video since my windshield tint is so dark

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the new setup in

3 Sundown ZV3U15s on two Wolfram 4500s @ 0.33 each (eventually) and a Brand X 270a alt and G30 Limitless Lithium battery

only have one amp hooked up while I work out some electrical gremlins regarding my charging voltage (charging at 15.2v but desire 15.6v - 15.8v)

if I end up keeping this setup into Spring, I'll take everything out and stain the box and make a better battery cover... etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a whim over Black friday I picked up 4 VFL 18ks and 4 Godfather 15s D1

huge 4" coil subs and a lot more power on tap..

my head unit took a dump and I got a new one, but still having issues with Pioneer ground whine.

hopefully testing out the new setup tomorrow after work and deciding where to go from there.

Last edited:

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
eventually got my voltage figured out and started charging between 15.8v - 16.2v:

View attachment 236183

and got one video of the setup before I started pulling it all apart lol

taken after work one day so it was pretty much dark already :(

Is it bad that I remember you because I recently saw your post with those zv3u15s for sale? Certain things you can remember people by like some sundown frankenwoofers
:laughing1:

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it bad that I remember you because I recently saw your post with those zv3u15s for sale? Certain things you can remember people by like some sundown frankenwoofers
:laughing1:

Haha yeah they're sweet subs :) I still have them and will probably throw them back in here once I get some clamped numbers.

I first remember seeing your stuff back when I also had 6 12s

Last edited:

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Haha yeah they're sweet subs :) I still have them and will probably throw them back in here once I get some clamped numbers.

I first remember seeing your stuff back when I also had 6 12s

View attachment 236277

yeah you change setups a lot lol I still have the 6 12s lol. Probably will stay that way for now. If you lived closer I probably would have bought some of your old enclosures to try new setups with cause you usually let em go for a steal

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you change setups a lot lol I still have the 6 12s lol. Probably will stay that way for now. If you lived closer I probably would have bought some of your old enclosures to try new setups with cause you usually let em go for a steal

yeah last year when I had my midlife Denali sunroof crisis I was giving boxes away lol

had 3 built for like $300-$500 each and sold them for $100 each ;/

live and learn

current setup is getting nastier :)

I wanted to clamp the VFL 18k today but it was so damn cold (15 degrees before windchill)

someday soon maybe

I also "accidentally" bought a pair of 12ks and a big 4 channel from a buddy who became a Taramps dealer recently

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9