2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't had a ton of updates for this truck, as I've been messing around with other projects, but I finally ended up getting some new rims and tires....

guess I don't have to guess around my ugly paint mock up anymore

I really didn't want to go with these, but with some eBay deals I ended up with 4 brand new Moto Metal 970s on 16x8 rims and brand new BFG A/T KO2 275/70/r16 tires for under $1,000 out the door.

Hoping to install the CAI today and work on door panels and speakers tomorrow

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Try wrapping the hood? Should be easy , maybe, idk I’ve never done it lol.

Very happy you didn’t go with the basic all black steel rims that were designed in the 1970s! But thats just me.:thumbsup:

You need something on that bow tie to have it pop out just a little. :hmm:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read all of this thread and I really like your Tahoe and new wheels. I am curious to why you got rid of your Denali? Do you miss having the 6.0? I recently traded my 05 Tahoe for an 06 Sierra Denali, and I love the extra torque.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try wrapping the hood? Should be easy , maybe, idk I’ve never done it lol.

Very happy you didn’t go with the basic all black steel rims that were designed in the 1970s! But thats just me.:thumbsup:

You need something on that bow tie to have it pop out just a little. :hmm:

ruuuuuddeee! XD

I will forever be in love with those damn steel wheels

my next set of rims and tires will definitely be 17x9 Warrior 8015s

67445294_918700265147754_2231867042263203840_o.jpg

can get them in the -12 offset that I've wanted, but 17" BFGs + that set of rims end up costing like $1700 total...

I just read all of this thread and I really like your Tahoe and new wheels. I am curious to why you got rid of your Denali? Do you miss having the 6.0? I recently traded my 05 Tahoe for an 06 Sierra Denali, and I love the extra torque.

I really, really, really hate how Denalis look. The front end is horrendous. I also do not miss having the sunroof.

I do miss the AWD and 6.0L engine every day though... I'm always looking around for another Denali and I'll just cateye swap it, or find an Escalade.

I'll never own a truck with a sunroof again though

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've debated for a LONG time about adding audio to this truck... but it looks like I'm trading the other tahoe for some amps and batteries, so I guess I'll be having a build in here shortly

bought back my old 4 18s box that I had in my Tahoe, 4 vehicles ago back in 2017

got my doors finished, 4 8" neo mids and 2 tweets per door

will hopefully have the doors hooked up this weekend and get some distance testing done

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've debated for a LONG time about adding audio to this truck... but it looks like I'm trading the other tahoe for some amps and batteries, so I guess I'll be having a build in here shortly

bought back my old 4 18s box that I had in my Tahoe, 4 vehicles ago back in 2017

View attachment 229223
View attachment 229224

got my doors finished, 4 8" neo mids and 2 tweets per door

View attachment 229222
View attachment 229221

will hopefully have the doors hooked up this weekend and get some distance testing done
[emoji15][emoji15]

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up selling my my doors and picking up some others online

they came in damaged and uninsured, so I've been rebuilding them and trying to work a claim through paypal

went from 4 8s and 2 tweets in each front door to 3 10s, 1 horn, and 3 tweets, however none of the speakers that I was told the doors were built for, actually work.

so we'll see what happens.

I was also told they'd fit without any cutting of my actual, door and that was a lie too

thinking I might just give these away as a total loss and have my normal builder make some new ones

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not a doctor but I think you might have a slight audio addiction problem :lol:

gotta have something to do with all my free time :p

spent today deadening the rest of my vehicle

also did the hatch but didn't take any pics

and FINALLY put the black plastic handle on that I've had for like 3 months now

hopefully I'll put my headliner back in tomorrow and start wiring stuff up

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I didn’t mean it as a bad thing. At least you’re not out doing drugs or chasing girls :lol: