Illuminated Grille Emblem and Puddle Light Install Step by Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have done the GMC illuminated grill emblem swap, would you say that everything about the illuminated emblem looks identical to the non-illuminated one? Are the letters the same width, the reds the same color, etc.? (I know that the illuminated emblem is one piece vs 3 individual letters/pieces...)

If you could let me know any differences between the two (of there are any), I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Bumping to see if I can get an answer on my question above. Thanks!)

danler10101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the illuminated GMC logo is the same size as the original logo. The only thing about the emblem is the outside of the letters illuminate not the red portion of the logo. Install took about 75 minutes. Just be careful when removing the old logo and try not to break the clips.
1707232055663.png1707232055663.png

Excellans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all, great explanation of that installment. I'm grateful. The completion time was about forty minutes. Everything functioned perfectly after the installation. But today, I noticed my auto-high beams do not work, even with the proper setup. The green icon ''A'' pops up in the dash but does not open high beams when necessary. Does it effect yours too? (PART NUMBER: 84741565)

2021: Yukon, AT4, 5.3

danler10101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you to all on this thread. Just installed my illuminated grill on my 23 Yukon. Was a very easy install thanks to all the advice from this forum. Took about 75 minutes for the installation.

View attachment 395742

First of all, great explanation of that installment. I'm grateful. The completion time was about forty minutes. Everything functioned perfectly after the installation. But today, I noticed my auto-high beams do not work, even with the proper setup. The green icon ''A'' pops up in the dash but does not open high beams when necessary. Does it effect yours too? (PART NUMBER: 84741565)

2021: Yukon, AT4, 5.3
So far I have had no issues with the auto-high beams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu