Illuminated GMC Emblems in Black - PN 84741563/86537580

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed they dropped off the GMC Accessories site too... This appears to be the replacement -
I'm not finding that replacement number except on EBAY, the GM sites still list the 1563 part number. What is the smaller emblem you are showing in the picture, looks like an extra part for something

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not finding that replacement number except on EBAY, the GM sites still list the 1563 part number. What is the smaller emblem you are showing in the picture, looks like an extra part for something
Tailgate emblem. Non-illuminated, but if you’re changing the front one to black you might as well have the back one black to color coordinate.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate emblem. Non-illuminated, but if you’re changing the front one to black you might as well have the back one black to color coordinate.
I wonder why the difference, the 1563 part number that was ordered from the GMC site did not include the emblem for the tailgate. The emblems on my Denali Ultimate are already black, was just wanting the illuminated aspect. I wonder why GMC has now removed the illuminated emblem from being available, guess will find out

OP
OP
M

MacTiki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder why the difference, the 1563 part number that was ordered from the GMC site did not include the emblem for the tailgate. The emblems on my Denali Ultimate are already black, was just wanting the illuminated aspect. I wonder why GMC has now removed the illuminated emblem from being available, guess will find out
Here is another site that lists it as a replacement, in addition to the Ebay seller -

Denali Dude74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems GM replaced PN#84741563 with PN#86537580, google search the new PN and you can find it multiple places online. Mine just arrived today from the Ebay marketplace seller. I updated the thread title to include the new PN# as well.
I just bought one from the same EBay dealer and it arrived today. Having the local dealership install it on Friday.

Benjamin1o1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are causing issues with letting water in and causing them to go out alongside your headlight it attaches to. I assumed they were replacing how it connected but guess not and it’s cheaper just to scrap it all together.. That sucks as I wanted one but guess I’ll just order the plain black ones and get those grille lights I have seen.

GTPace500

Reaction score
They are causing issues with letting water in and causing them to go out alongside your headlight it attaches to. I assumed they were replacing how it connected but guess not and it’s cheaper just to scrap it all together.. That sucks as I wanted one but guess I’ll just order the plain black ones and get those grille lights I have seen.
What grille lights - can you share a link?

Benjamin1o1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just looked at all the reports and from others here on the forum the issues they caused.

jmcbrayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I've read it's the water getting into the connections causing the issue. Why wouldn't coating those connections with dielectric grease before plugging them in help keep the water out? I did that to mine and no issues so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt