Illuminated Bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t remove my bumper at all. The large front cover plate once you open the hood is all you have to remove to get access. Just remove the dozen or so push clips and remove the plastic cover. It is a little tight sticking your arm down in between the grill and the hood latch assembly, but it is totally doable. You can reach down and release the stock emblem, then drill out the hole needed for the wire on the illuminated one, then feed the wire through the hole and snap the new bow tie in place. I zip tied the wire every 10” or so and routed the wire over to the drivers side headlight area where it is a plug and play setup online with the drivers headlight assembly.

Good luck!

And you did not remove your grill. The question asked was do you have to remove the bumper cover to remove the grill and the answer is yes.

Reaction score
can't tell you how much i shredded my forearm trying this technique. I had to back out. gonna have to take the whole bumper assy off...have donated enough blood already! :mad:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just installed an illuminated bow tie in the front grill of our suburban, just like this one:

Saw a few tutorials online before tackling it to make sure I didn’t have to tear the whole front end apart. This one video was very helpful, except it was done on a Silverado:

The part number for the black illuminated front and black rear 2015+ Chevy Tahoe and suburban is: 84518368.

The kit was around $250 and took me an hour to install with a flat head screw driver, 10mm socket, and a tapered drill bit to run the wires through the front grill. The kit came with the wiring harness to plug and play into the drivers side headlight. Just had to zip tie it to the front end and route it up to the front emblem.

I got a quick picture this AM, but I will put more up once the truck is clean and It is dark out. It’s kind of hard to see in my garage because of the background light. It looks sharp though!

View attachment 219221
will it install to a NNBS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17